The Shadow

“Well I know what I’m going to do,” Naomi sighed. “Not sure about you three.”

Without realizing it, Naomi grabbed my back shell and dragged me across the roof, “Hey!”

“What?” she asked.

“Let go!” I snapped.

“Only if you’ll follow me.”

“Fine! Just let me go!”

She did, but continued to go on without me. I got up and followed her quickly, keeping up with her stride for stride. Finally, she jumped down an alley and waited for me. Coming down, I looked around.

“Why are we here?” I asked.

Naomi looked up, “Stay here. I’ll be back.”

“Where are you going?” I demanded.

“To get a surprise.” she smiled, jumping up to the roofs again. “Just stay put!”

Bored already, I began going through some things in the alley. I found a broken cell phone, a blanket, and a bunch of newspapers.

Someone landed behind me and I jumped, getting out one of my swords. It was Naomi. “Warn me!” I snapped at her. “You’re just… just…”

“You don’t know how to respond to that, do you?” she asked, crossing her arms.

“No!” I sighed. Looking around her, she wasn’t holding anything. “Where’s the surprise?”

“On the roof.” she explained. “Waiting for you to calm down a little.”

“It can wait?” I asked. “What the heck is it?”

Not answering me, she looked up and called up, “Come on down!”

Silence until a shadow came from nowhere and landed behind Naomi. It was facing away from us and crouched down like a ninja. Standing up, it had the shape of a Turtle, so I assumed it was one of us. Until it turned around.

The shadow had silver eyes.

“Gyah!” I cried, grabbing a ninja star and throwing it at the new Turtle.

Avoiding it, it threw a star of its own. “Welcome someone like that again, I dare you!”

Angry, Naomi crouched down and swung her leg out, tripping the shadow down. Standing up straight, she put her foot on the shadow’s neck lightly. “You’re lucky I don’t have a staff right now or you’d so get it.”

Growling, the shadow got out a Sais and threw it at Naomi who caught it in midair, pointing the tip at the new Turtle. “So you just give me a weapon?”

“Can nothing touch you?” it snapped.

“A Kraang bullet can.” Naomi snapped, giving the Sais back. “And your Sensei.”

“Sensei?” I asked. “Who is this!?”

“Reiley,” Naomi and the new one said simultaneously. Only Naomi continued, “But as for her Sensei, that’s for another time.”

“You…” I stammered again. “What’s up? Seriously? First Sophie, now her?!”

“Oh,” Reiley looked at Naomi. “How is Sophia by the way?”

That made me drop my jaw and screech, “She knows Sophie!?”

“Yeah,” they said at the same time again.

Reiley came up to me and I could see her a little bit better. She looked at me closely, “So you’re the one who’s been noticing me.”

“How do you know?” I asked.

She touched my bandana ends, but I flinched back. I think she got the message because she moved her hand back, “Your bandana color. You’re the only pink.”

I said nothing else. Reiley didn’t really seem to like the silence, “Mine’s navy blue. I liked Naomi’s bandana’s color, but blue’s also my favorite color, so I sorta combined them.”

“Nice to know,” I crossed my arms. Looking at Naomi who was standing with a blank look, I asked her, “You expect me to be okay with this?!”

Calmly, she shook her head, “No, but I wanted you to meet her because you’ve been dying to.”

“How…?” I trailed off before sighing, sagging my shoulders helplessly. “Never mind… I’m going to see what the others are up to.”

“At lair,” Naomi told me.

“Can I go?” Reiley asked.

With a glare from Naomi, she quickly changed her mind, “Yeah, right.”

“Why can’t she?” I asked.

“Later,” Naomi waved me off.

Disappointed, I jumped to the roof and took for the roof.