Wakizashi (Leo POV)

The question going through my mind right now while fighting Snakeweed was, How in the world did he find us? Before he came up, I did see Naomi brush something off of Raph’s back shell. Was it a tracker?

“No OH!” I heard the one Turtle cry out as a vine swept her away. “Naomi!”

I ducked another vine attack and slashed out with my sword. It cut through the green solid smoothly, but it quickly grew back. As that one was growing back, another vine whacked one of my swords away.

Ducking another whip, I heard Naomi snap, “Remind me again I went out without a freaking weapon!?”

“Your fault for breaking your own staff!” I heard Raph answer her.

Slashing out, I saw Reiley and Karai on a roof. I hesitated for a second and got my other sword whacked out of my hand and Snakeweed pinned me against a side building, trying to choke me.

“Leo!” Raph called out, but getting the same treatment.

Naomi was the last one standing. If she had a staff, she might’ve gotten us down, but she really didn’t have anything as far as I could tell. She kept avoiding getting pinned like the rest of us.

Thinking quick, I turned to Karai, “Karai! Help me!” She was about to grab her Wakizashi before Reiley grabbed her wrist and shook her head. Again, I tried, “Karai!”

Then, pushing Reiley a little away, she looked at me with expressionless eyes. It looked like she was about to leave us to fend for ourselves, but, instead, she took out her sword and threw it at me.

I closed my eyes as the sword point flew at my face. Metal scraped metal and I opened my eyes. A ninja star that was one of ours was just scraping Karai’s sword at the bottom.

Looking at her, she just barely smirked and left with Reiley close behind her. I used my free hand to grab the sword and cut through Snakeweed’s vine. Raph was free from a ninja star that Naomi must’ve thrown and was fighting again as well.

“To the ground!” I quickly said.

They nodded and jumped down without a questioning comeback. Snakeweed and I both followed. He threw me against a building with some canisters that could freeze anything close to them.

“Naomi! Raph!” I called out, getting up. “I need you to listen to me.”

“I never complain to your orders without a reason,” Naomi stated, looking at Raph like he was guilty. He just nodded.

I didn’t say my plan to Naomi because, well, she could read my mind. She just nodded, running up to me and grabbing one of the canisters. Avoiding all of Snakeweed’s attacks, she finally could slam the thing in his mouth.

As I got up, I threw three ninja stars at the cap and it exploded, freezing Snakeweed instantly on the spot. It allowed us time to breathe from all the hits and dodges we received and gave.

“Alright, Raph,” I smiled. “Have at it.”

He smirked creepily and jumped up over Snakeweed’s frozen head, yelling out, “Booyakasha!” and then slamming his Sais down the middle of the weed, making him separate into nearly one hundred pieces.

As he landed, Naomi came up and asked, “Really? And you think I steal others quotes?”

“What?” Raph asked, brushing off the metal on his Sais. He turned to me as I came closer. Beneath his breath, he muttered, “I’m sorry….”

Shocked, I couldn’t believe what he said, so I acted like I couldn’t hear him, “I’m sorry, what’d you say?”

“I said, ‘I’M SORRY!’” Raph screamed in my ear, making me flinch way far back and beginning to walk off.

“Okay, okay…” I breathed.

“His ear was right there,” I heard Naomi say.

A huff came from Raph, “He heard me the first time…”

“I know he did.”

We walked back to the lair in silence. As I opened the manhole cover, I turned around to face the two. They were approaching slowly, holding hands.

Breathing out, I said, “Come on, lovebirds.”

They both glared at me without putting much hate into the death-stares. Jumping down, they released their hands.

Looking up before I went down, I saw the moon slowly setting and I thought of Karai, then Sophie. I knew instantly that I was torn between the two. Finally, I jumped down and closed the cover, following Naomi and Raph.

When I got there, Mikito had a fainted Mikey in her lap and a Sophie pacing around, a Donnie gone, and a Sensei looking at me.

“Leo!” Mikito cried. “Fix Mikey!”

“You can’t fix Mikey,” Sophie sighed. “He’s been broken.”

Back to the same schedule. I had to smile. “Anybody got pizza?”

Donnie came in, holding a slice and about to eat it, “Oh, hi, Leo.”

“Donnie, give me that pizza.” I said. “Now.”

He didn’t argue as he did. I leaned down in front of Mikey and stuck the piece close to his face. Everyone gathered around me as Mikey began to come to, already smelling the pizza.

“Pepperoni….” Mikey hummed happily, getting up from Mikito’s lap.

I smiled, “Works every time.”

Everyone laughed and at the corner of my eye, I saw Naomi and Sophie talking in low voices. That can never be good, so I tried to ignore it.

“Leo,” Mikey looked up at me. “I had this weird dream that in the sewers there was--”

“It was only a dream.” Donnie quickly interrupted. “That’s the important part.”

Splinter shook his head, “I think the important part is that all of you are now okay and that we have each learned our individual lessons.”

All of us bowed our heads and said, “Hai, Sensei.” or “Hai, Master Splinter.” so it was a mix of words just jumbled up.

Getting up, I took out Karai’s Wakizashi and headed to my room with it, thinking of her already. Man… This can seriously can’t be good. Either a FootClan member or a kind Turtle like me.

You may think the choice is obvious, but it’s just really difficult to explain with me… Sorry.