At the Lair (Raph POV)

Now at the rink, Naomi was hiding something. She was speaking like a fortune cookie, once again, before we walked in to skate. Something was on her mind and I was determined to figure out what it was.

“That’s okay,” Naomi said to Mikito. “I’ll get you next time, though.”

“Sure you will,” I came up and scoffed. “Because we all know how much of a good skater you are to loose to a roll.”

She punched me lighter than she usually did, then skated away. I followed her and came up beside her.

“You okay?” I asked.

“Now why would you ask that?” she asked, turning to me. “You’re not turning into me, are you?”

“No. I was just guessing.”

“Good guesser, then,” she smiled. “But, no, I’m not.”

“Want to talk about it?” I offered.

Naomi looked casual for a second before turning to me, “Secretly.”

“Where to, then?”

“Lair.”

Mikito and Mikey were bugging Donnie about something as Naomi and I skated over to the air duct. She jumped up, skates and all and held out a hand to help me up as well. I took it and she pulled me up.

Neither her or me let our hands separate. It was nice, really. Going to the cover, I popped it open and we both jumped down, Naomi closing it after us. We went down to the lair, still holding hands.

When we entered the familiar place and she finally let my hand go. I didn’t want to, so I reached out to try and take it back, but she was too quick. She entered her room, keeping the door open.

Although it would seem weird to enter her room with nobody else in the lair at the time, but she did want to talk. I entered her room, a little hesitant still, but nonetheless, I did.

She was already laying on her bed, hands under her pillow, laying on her stomach and facing the wall. For once that night, she seemed really troubled. I came up to her and sat on her bed side.

“Naomi?” I asked. Her gaze didn’t leave the wall.

I sighed and laid down beside her, not really caring right now whether or not the others enter the room. I rolled on my side and looked at the back of her head, thinking about what she was wanting to talk about.

“Raph,” she finally said. Her head flipped over and looked at me. “Do you swear not to tell anyone what I’m about to tell you?”

“Yeah,” I nodded. “You can trust me.”

“Alright,” she said, rolling over to face me. She winced a little as the Kraang wound brushed against the blankets.

That stupid night… Why did Naomi do what she have to do? Granted, she was saving Mikito’s life, but I know that she won’t be the safe, physically and mentally, but mostly physical.

“If I want to change the future, I’ll have be someone I’m not.” Naomi sighed, looking at me in the eyes. “So I need to know that even when the others will completely think of me different, you’ll still love me the way you do now.”

Hesitating, she took my hands and I nodded, “You know I will.”

She smiled and I took the chance and leaned forward, kissing her. I can tell she was startled, and surprised, because she flinched back at first, but then stayed. Finally, she released and set her forehead on my chin.

“Well…” she breathed. “The funny thing was, I wasn’t done talking.”

“You… you weren’t?” I asked as she looked up at me.

Again, she smiled, “No, but that answered my first question. Heh. I was gonna continue saying that when I change, I’ll come back. But while I’m changed, look for the me inside that you know.”

“You are seriously one weird fortune cookie.” I joked.

Lightly, she hit me, “I am not a cookie.”

“I would’ve eaten you by now.”

“Oh, really? Because I’d have a weird aftertaste.”

“Anything else?” I asked.

Nodding, she looked a little troubled. “When I change the future, I’ll be saving a life…. And ending one…”