Get the Memo (Leo POV)

I didn’t like telling Sophie no, it’s just that I need to find Karai and tell her to stop attacking me, my brothers, and even the girls. To start looking for her, I just jumped from roof to roof. So far, nothing and it was beginning to get late…

A little tired, I stopped on one roof and leaned against a door. I yawned boredly and then heard something behind me. Slowly, I got my Katanas out and faced the sound. Sure enough, Karai was on the water tower.

“How’d I know you’d show up?” I asked.

Suddenly, another shadow came up from behind Karai and watched me as well. Reiley smirked and crossed her arms. She reminded me of Naomi so much…

“You didn’t.” Karai said. She had the face mask on again. I didn’t really like it. I covered her identity. “I just knew you were here.”

Both of them jumped off the water tower and started fighting with me. Reiley got knocked away from a different shadow and me and Karai dealt with one another.

“So why are you here?” Karai asked, slashing out with her Wakizashi. It reminded me of Sophie. I regret not taking her now.

“To warn you. Raphael tells me I shouldn’t trust you,” I said, parrying her sword with one of my own.

“He’s right, you know.”

We fought for a little while longer. She jumped up and I rolled away, blocking her sword as she jabbed at me. Somehow, I could tell she wasn’t trying, though. I kicked out at her leg and she back flipped away. Taking the chance I got, I got up and prepared for another assault.

“You’re not trying,” I pointer out finally.

“Yes I am.” Karai answered.

“Then why don’t you have me on the ground like you did that one time?”

“I used tear gas.” she scoffed, jumping forward. Our swords met and stayed like that for a few seconds before she jumped back.

“I think you’re trying to find a way out of the FootClan.” I said, parrying another of her hits.

“You’re adorable,” she scoffed. “Stupid, but adorable.”

That made me pause, “Really? You--you think I’m AH!” I ducked a blow from her and rolled out of the way.

She turned on the spot and I came up and made our swords collide once more. “Listen, if you go after my brothers, I’ll go after you, understand?”

Karai jumped away and then Reiley joined her, looking a little beat up before Karai and I started fighting. With a smooth movement, Karai removed her face mask, “Loud and clear.” she replaced it and motioned to Reiley to leave.

I sheathed my sword and looked around. Who attacked Reiley? Taking a wild guess, I called out, “Naomi?”

“I thought I was the only mind reader in the group.” her voice echoed through the dark. She came forward with a brand new metal staff. “Are you catching up to me?”

“No,” I muttered. “Why’d you come?”

“You would’ve been out numbered again,” she answered simply, walking around to the edge of the roof. “Besides, Sophie wanted me to follow you to make sure you wouldn’t do anything you’d regret.”

“Did I?”

“You’re beginning to, Leo.” she answered with a creepy voice. Her blue eyes locked onto mine. “Don’t make mistakes after the same mistakes.”

Without another word, she blinked and jumped off the roof. I ran to the edge and looked down. Naomi was gone. I swear she’s something else… Maybe a Kraang bot?

My T-Phone rang and I picked it up, “Sophie?”

“Leo,” Sophie’s voice said. “Where are you?”

“Coming back,” I answered. “And T-Phones are meant for emergencies only.” Sighing, I hung up and headed back. The sewer cover was already open, so I slipped down. I covered it up and listened into the darkness before going to the lair.

“I beat you!” I heard Mikey’s voice echo.

“How do you do it every time?” Mikito’s voice answered Mikey’s.

“I’m a video game genius!”

“I think genius is too strong of a word for you there, Mikey.” Sophie scoffed. I walked in and everyone was in the main room.

Raph looked up as I walked in and Naomi got up and left. I walked into the dojo and Raph followed me. “Did you talk with Karai?”

“Yes,” I answered, not looking at him. “She said she won’t mess with you guys any longer.”

“Great, because you take the enemies word for what it is,” Raph sighed. “We might as tell the Kraang to stop mutating things.”

“Listen, Raph, I talked with her.”

Footsteps stopped our conversation and Sophie and Naomi came up. Sophie waved at us then continued into the dojo. Naomi stood where she was and Raph and I looked at her questioningly.

Her blue eyes looked a little harsh. She tilted her head a little and continued after Sophie. “Let’s work on your defensive strategies, okay?”

I looked at Raph and him me. Finally, I asked, “What’s up with Naomi?”

“I don’t know.” Raph shrugged.

“Where’d she get the new staff?” I asked.

Raph crossed his arms. “Mii-wa gave it to her before she went up to the surface for some things. She took April to the school to drop off her school project deal as well.”

“I was wondering why she wasn’t here,” I sighed. Raph looked at me then walked off toward the dojo as well.

“Gyah!” I heard him cry out as soon as he entered. “Hey!”

“Don’t sneak up on me next time!” Sophie’s voice laughed.

I smiled and walked into the kitchen.