Talking With A Teller

“That was fun!” Mikey exclaimed, jumping in the lair, turning around mid-air and turning to me. “Again, we should do that again.”

Donnie scoffed, “I’ll bring April next time, then.”

“If you even have the courage to try it.” Sophie laughed.

“Oh be quiet.”

A door opened and we looked up to see Raph exiting Naomi’s room. He tried to do it quietly by the looks of it, but when he made the sound, he closed his eyes and when he opened them, he saw us.

“Gosh…” he sighed, walking to his room. “Could you guys mind staying out a bit longer next time?”

“What’s bugging you this time?” Mikey asked, jumping up next to him and poking him in the arm. Raph took his finger and bent it. “Ow! Ow! Mercy!” Raph let go then walked to his room, closing the door.

“He didn’t have to be so mean….” Mikey whined, looking at his finger.

“Raph is Raph.” Leo sighed. “Let’s go see what’s up.”

“We’ll be in Naomi’s room,” Sophie said, grabbing my arm and heading to Naomi’s room. She knocked and we both walked in.

“We’re hooooome!” Sophie sang.

“I noticed,” Naomi said. She was sitting on her bed, about to get up, and looking at us. “What are you two doing here?”

“Shouldn’t you know that answer by now?” I asked, coming over and sitting down beside her.

“I just wanted to see if you’d answer or not, I already know what you’re thinking.”

“Mind reader….” Sophie muttered.

“Also known as a psychic.” Naomi smiled, getting up. She walked over to her closet. “So you want to know why Raph was in here, yes?”

“Yeah,” I answered. “That sums it about up.”

“You know how I was being a so-called fortune cookie on the way to the skating rink?”

“Like you always are,” Sophie continued, but stopped with a glare from Naomi.

“Yeah.” I nodded.

“Raph was curious about what I was saying.” Naomi sighed, looking a little troubled.

“What’d you see this time?” Sophie asked.

Sighing, Naomi turned around to face us. “Two very difficult options.”

“And they were…?” I asked.

“If I don’t change the future, we’ll have more enemies.”

“So fun,” Sophie said sarcastically.

“And what if you do change the future?” I asked.

“I’ll be saving a life.” she paused, looking at the ground. “And ending one…”

Sophie and I both paused before Sophie pointed at Naomi, “You’re going to kill someone!?”

“Not intentionally and not by my own hand.” Naomi snapped. “Besides, the one that will die will be bad, so we’ll have less enemies…” she softened her voice, “But a friend is a friend…”

“You are something else….” Sophie sighed, getting up and leaving. “I’m going to go and bother Leo.”

“Course you are.” Naomi sighed. “But let me tell you one thing, you’ll be mad at him here soon.”

“That’s impossible. I would never be mad at him.”

“Watch as my fortune skills come alive.” Naomi smirked and as Sophie left.