The Nightmare

For now, Naomi could wait. Because my bed seemed the most welcoming thing right now, other than Mikey’s room, but that would seem a little awkward… Plopping down on my bed, facedown, I sighed deeply then curled up under my covers.

Sleep came to me quickly, which was also very comforting…

The lair seemed quiet. Too quiet. But I was in the old lair where Naomi and I were trained in the way of the ninja. The boys weren’t with me, so I was alone. Yet, it didn’t feel like it…

Straying around, this link pulled me in with my mind. I couldn’t think straight while it was pulling me in. Why? Something was messing with me.

“I am messing with you.” a voice said.

I stopped and looked around the familiar place. Nothing seemed out of place. Nobody’s been here for at least four months, maybe longer. Someone was in here, though.

“Hello?” I called out.

Something clattered to the floor in our old dojo. I ran to investigate, but, again, nothing. I tried backing up out into the main room again, but the door was shut and locked, from the outside.

“Hey!” I cried, pounding on the door. “Let me out!”

“But I can’t do that, Mikito.” the voice said. It was a feminine voice, but one I didn’t recognize.

If there was someone that was in here, it wasn’t good. Only me, Naomi, the boys and Mii-wa knew where this place was. We were all misfits not meant for the world so we couldn’t exactly tell others where we used to live.

“Who are you?” I asked, turning around to face the dojo, my shell against the door. Silence. Scary silence. “Who are you?”

“You should know that answer.” the voice chuckled. The lights turned off suddenly. Oh great, this would be very scary, indeed. “Now what was that one Who’s the Doctor episode with the scary shadow beings?”

That instantly made me think of the Vashta nerada. But they aren’t real! That was only in the episode.

“So you’re beginning to learn…” the voice hissed past my ear.

I grabbed a Katana sword. The voice seemed everywhere at once, so I had better be prepared. But even a voice had to have a mouth and a mouth, a body to move. If it came near me again, I would at least know.

“Are you sure?” it asked in front of me. Like, directly in front of me. I reached out my free hand and closed it on nothing but air. “At least you use your mind somewhat.”

“Who are you?” I asked again. “At least show yourself.”

“But I like the shadows…” the voice trailed off. “But I can’t seem to keep you here to talk about the changes I’ve been through…” the voice began sounding familiar… “But, I hope you know that a nightmare can turn into a horrible truth.”

The voice… I knew it now… “Naomi?”

Without warning, the lights flickered on and I had to shield my eyes from the brightness. When my eyes could adjust to it, I looked in the dojo and the only thing that seemed to show that someone was there was a line drawn into the dust in front of my feet. Behind me, the door clicked open.

I snapped up out of bed, sweating a little heavily. Feeling someone in the room with me, I looked up and saw Mikey about to knock on the door. Breathing a little hard, I plunked back down on my bed.

“Yes, Mikey?” I asked.

“Master Splinter wants to see us all in the main room.” Mikey explained. “He hasn’t said what for except it’s urgent.”

Naomi…