Saving

“Whoa.” I breathed, walking between the green pods. “This is weird.”

“Why does Snakeweed have people in these things?” Mikey asked, peering into one.

“Uh, that’s because…” Donnie came over to Mikey, whispering something else in his ear.

Again, Mikey jumped back screaming, “Doesn’t he know these people are living beings!?”

“Would you two quiet down?” Raph growled. “We can help by pulling them out. We’ll hide while they come to.”

“Again,” I muttered, taking a little boy out. “You sound like Leo.”

Some green goop was thrown at me and I jumped back, looking at Raph who has a teenager on the ground. He was glaring at me, “Wanna run that by me again?”

“No.” I snapped, going to the next pod.

After everyone was done and all the people were free, they looked around confused before going through the tunnel. One of them stopped and looked between the green pods where I was hiding. She smiled and left the follow the others.

“Well that was weird…” I muttered.

“What was?” Mikey asked, coming up beside me and smiling innocently.

“That one girl smiled where I was hiding at. Do you think she saw me?”

“It’s already enough you brought one person in the lair, so don’t even think about bringing her as well.” Raph said, pointing at me. He looked around, “Strange that Snakeweed isn’t here…”

As he said that, a hissing sound cam from the opposite tunnel and Snakeweed came into view, looking at his pods, “You stole my fertilizer!”

“We didn’t steal it,” I said. “We saved it.”

Glaring at me, he swung a vine at me and I rolled out of the way, getting a Katana sword out and slashing out at it, but missing as he swept me away with another one. How many of those things does he have?

“What do we do?” I heard Donnie ask.

“Uh, go for the head!” Raph said.

We all went for his head like Raph said, but we got whacked away. Donnie asked again another two times, and, again, we got blown away.

“Go for the head!” Raph stammered for the fourth time.

“Gee, four times in a row, he won’t see that coming!” Donnie snapped, going anyway.

Mikey jumped up as well, “Four times a charm!”

I stood back to try and think what to do. Snakeweed pretty much everything that was coming his way, so I decided to try and sneak behind him. Mikey flew past my head and I jumped back.

“Mikey!” all of us yelled. He fell to the floor unconscious.

Completely forgetting my plan, I ran over to Mikey. Raph came as well and I tried to find the place where he bumped his head.

Donnie came running up, “Come on!”

“What?” I asked, turning around. “Why?”

“I got Snakeweed tied up and it’s only a matter of time before he grows back,” Donnie answered quickly. “So let’s grab Mikey and get the heck out of here!”

Raph didn’t answer.

This would be fun. I hit him on his arm and he turned to me, not even glaring. His face was written with worry.

“Listen to Donnie and let’s go!” I snapped, already getting up and taking Mikey.

The boys helped me and we retreated out of the tunnel.

Behind us, I heard Snakeweed yell out, “I will find you, Turtles!”