Nightly Issues Part 3

She didn’t say anything as she walked off. I took that as a yes and followed her anyway. Laying down on her bed, she looked up at me, “My first night I get to sleep in my room and I get asked to be slept with. Are you seriously going to ask this every few weeks?”

“Yeah,” I smiled. “Because we used to all the time.”

“That was when we were little.” Naomi sighed, rolling over on her stomach. “Besides, you can always ask to bother Sophie.”

“Nah.” I shook my head, getting in the bed as well. “She’s not like you. You’re Naomi. Nobody can be you.”

She chuckled, then said in a Russian accent, “Zat is very, very true.”

“Do what?” I asked. “What’s with the accent?”

“Becoose I can.” she replied, rolling over on her back again. “Can I not be random at times?”

“It’s just creepy when you do it, though…” I answered.

“Why iz this?” Naomi asked. “Becoose I can read minds?”

“Yeah, pretty much.”

“Ah, do noot wowry, Mikito. I am who I am.”

“Noticed.”

In the silence, I heard a low grumbling sound. It came from Naomi and she blinked, looking a little curious. Continuing in the accent, she said, “Apparently, I am hungry…”

“For what?” I asked.

“Cookie dough ice cream.” she replied in the very thought out Russian accent. “I assume you would like orange?”

“So specific on your kind?” I questioned. “And yes, I’d love an Orange Pop.”

Naomi got up and walked into the main room. I looked around her room and the only thing that seemed out of place was her bed. Thinking she was going to be gone for awhile getting ice cream, I got up and started searching through some of her things.

“Mikito?” I heard her ask, in her normal voice and not the accented one. It made me jump and ram my head against the door of her closet as I tries to get out.

“Naomi?” I asked, rubbing my head. “You’re back so early?”

“All I did was grab the ice cream in the freezer.” she answered. “Do you think I’m not prepared for anything or what?”

“Well, I thought you were going up.”

“Not till tomorrow.” she said, giving me my ice cream. “Besides, I still have to have a staff and everything, so I can’t really fight anyone anyway.”

She opened her ice cream up and me, mine. Hers was a cone. Lucky. We ate quickly and then before long, Naomi began laughing. I finished mine and was looking at her weirdly. Rolling over on her bed, she began talking about something that I didn’t even know about.

I poked her, “You okay?”

“No,” she laughed. Her laugh was something I didn’t really hear often, especially this one.

She chuckles, granted, but she does that any time. Her second most popular laugh is her seeing things in pain. Then there’s the one where she is completely insane. That’s this laugh. Of course, she has more thrown in, but this is one laugh that only I’ve heard, I believe. Close after she’s done with this laugh, though, she gets calmed down again then forgets what happened while she was like this.

With another roll, Naomi fell off the bed, making a hollow thunk-like sound as her shell hit the floor. Ouch. She continued laughing. Looking down, her head suddenly popped up, ramming into my nose.

“Ow!” I cried, glaring at her.

“Hey!” she grinned. “Wanna scare Mikey and Raph?”

“Do whaaaa?” I asked. “You are hyped up on something…”

She giggled, another laugh I really don’t hear from her. I’ve only heard her giggle two other times. It’s a like a little girl’s giggle. “Yeah!” she smiled. “Scare them, like I do everyone.”

“But, why?” I questioned her as she came back up on the bed. “Seriously?”

“Because it’s fun.” Naomi smiled innocently. “You’ll see how fun it is to scare everyone.”

“You okay? What made you act like this?”

“Cooooookie dough.”

That brought a moment she said a few weeks ago while we were saving Moracami-San from the Purple Dragons.

“Wonder what’s next?” Leo asked.

Naomi stopped and I ran into her. She looked at us and smiled a little creepily, “Cookie dough.”

That caught us off guard and she continued walking, finding the manhole cover and popping it open.

“‘Cookie dough?’” I repeated.

Oh, yeah… She did warn me… I looked at her, “No more cookie dough.”

“But why?” she giggled, rolling over so she was looking at me upside down. “It’s fun!”

“You are really one weird Turtle…” I muttered.

“Weirder than Mikey?”

“Yeah, big time.”

She rolled on her stomach and didn’t say another word. The hyperness had died down and her body was regretting it. I poked her to make sure she still wasn’t awake or anything. Out cold.

Yawning, I got tired as well, so I took up my side of the bed and curled up, rolling over a bunch before I could finally get comfortable. Something about Naomi and her random-mysterious ways are really beginning to confuse me…