Rats and Shadows

"Gah..." Mikey sighed as we walked through the tunnels. "I could've come up with a better name for him other than the 'Rat King'." 

Leo sighed, "Let it go, Mikey." 

"I can't!" Mikey whined. "Donnie made the T-Phone names without my say so, then this happens!" 

Sophie came up to me and whispered, "I bet if Naomi were here, she'd tell us that he would name something else before the week was out." Nodding, I agreed silently with her. Then the ground started rumbling again. 

"Mousers?" Raph asked, looking at the ground instantly. 

"No," Sophie sighed. "Try 'Rat'ers." We all looked behind us and a wave of rats were visible, running at us. 

"Run!" Leo called out, running away. Running seemed the best plan right now, but as the horde came closer, Leo looked up, "Grab a hold of the pipes!" 

Without a word of complaint, we all each grabbed a different section of the pipes, making sure we didn't fall down in the massive gathering of rats below us. Mikey was the last one up and he carried a rat with him, which bit the top of his head before jumping away. 

He gasped, "They have the taste of Turtle now!" 

"Oh goodness..." Sophie sighed. "Mikey, it jumped away." 

"It may tell his friends on how good I tasted!" Mikey snapped at her, following Leo who was already heading to where the rats were going. 

Ahead of Leo, there was a familiar shadow running on top of the pipes. It ran like us and was shaped like us. It wasn't Naomi because she headed back. 

"Guys." I said, looking at the shadow. Everyone looked up and saw it to. The shadow heard my voice and turned around. Silver eyes. I heard it gasp and jump away. 

"Who was that?" Donnie asked. 

"Well, we're off to find the Rat King, not a scary shadow." Leo said, finishing the conversation. In front of us was a large rat wall full of squirming bodies. 

"Ew..." Sophie muttered. 

"We need to find a way past them..." Leo said. 

I pointed out some barrels that looked suspicious. Sophie saw that and threw ninja stars at my hand, which I quickly avoided. "Hey!" 

"Stop pointing." she hissed. 

Donnie looked at Sophie, "You know that substance is very flammable, right?" 

"You don't say?" Leo asked, getting out a sword and cutting an electrical line. It swung down, sparks cascading down on the rats before it hit the barrels. A large explosion boomed through the tunnel and made me nearly loose my grip. 

"Nice going, Mikito." Sophie came up next to me. "Your pointing did some good." 

"It still went boom, though." Raph sighed, following Leo inside a lair looking place. "Well this looks interesting..." 

"Almost looks like where I used to live," Sophie looked up. "But too high of a ceiling..." 

"Foul Turtles..." a crackly voice hissed through the emptiness. Then a guy in a big black coat with a hat concealing his eyes showed up. He reeled back a little, "More?!" 

"Dr. Falco?" Mikey asked. 

"It's Rat King now." the guys growled. 

Coughing, Mikey muttered, "Lamest nickname ever." 

Rat King pointed at me and Sophie, "How'd you guys get more numbers?" 

"Well," Sophie said, getting her Wakizashi out and tapping the metal against her hand. "There is one more, but she's currently healing from a Kraang fight." 

"Why do you tell him?" Leo asked her, turning to her. 

She shrugged, "We can't exactly keep Naomi out of the conversation. She is like him." 

"Like me?" his creepy voice hissed. "Like me how?" 

"Enough talk," Leo ordered. "Time to rat you out." 

We all looked at him. "Really?" Raph asked. 

That's when Donnie's and mine T-Phones went off nearly the same time. Everyone looked at us as we answered them. On Donnie's end was April and on mine was Naomi. 

"Not the best time to call, Naomi." I sighed. 

"Yeah," her voice sighed through the phone. "I know that. Okay, a few things. One, smack Sophie for me." I looked at the blue-green bandana Turtle and whacked her. She glared at me, but didn't argue. "Okay, and two, sorry for calling at the worse time but it's the third reason." 

"And what's that?" I asked. 

"Splinter's possessed and he's coming toward you." she answered, her voice a little shaky. 

"Like, where near me?" I asked. 

"There," Naomi said through the phone as a familiar voice said, "Here." 

A chuckle was on the other line, "Well, sorry I can't help. I gotta calm April down a little from his attack on her. So, see you when you get here!" then the line went dead. 

"Oh, gee, thanks, Naomi." I sighed, putting my T-Phone up. 

Turning around, I saw Splinter with creepy red eyes and with a sword in hand. This can't be good...