The Shell Raiser

The next night, Donnie went out on his own down the subway entrance and didn’t come back for a long while. While we were waiting for him to come back, Naomi started moving again and Raph and I looked anxiously at her.

She opened her eyes then quickly shut them, hissing, “Gyah! Light!”

“Same old Naomi, I see.” I smiled funnily.

“Turn the lights off…” she growled, rolling over on her side and curling up in a ball like she was about to fall asleep again.

“You’ve been in the dark this entire time,” Raph pointed out. “Get used to the light.”

“‘The shadows are a ninja’s most powerful weapon. Being brought out into the daylight is a dangerous thing.’ Splinter said that to you if I’m not mistaken.” Naomi said. She rolled back over at sat up. “But what happened and how long have I been out?”

“You got electrocuted by Justin’s eyes.” I explained.

“And only a night,” Raph continued.

“Who’s Justin?” Naomi asked before looking lost. “The mutant? He could shoot lightning from his eyes?”

“Yeah…” I nodded. “It was weird.”

Naomi flopped back down on her shell and groaned. “No wonder why I feel like sewer water…”

“Heh,” I laughed, grabbing her hand and helping her up. “And because you’ve been sleeping on a rock couch, not your everyday bed.”

“Well that helps,” Naomi groaned, holding onto my shoulder for support. “Alright, now what?”

That’s when Donnie ran in, “Guys! Oh, hi, Naomi. You’re awake I see.”

“So I don’t miss what you have to show us,” Naomi smirked, letting go of me and then grabbing onto Raph’s shoulder for support instead of me. “Now, get the others, Mikito. Donnie, go get your new invention.”

Smiling and nodding, Donnie turned around and left for the subway entrance, only running. I turned around to look at Naomi but her and Raph were following Donnie slowly, Raph having his arm around her shell and Naomi’s arm around his neck.

I smiled hopelessly and then went to go find Mikey. “Mikey!”

Someone jumped on my shell and made both them and me crash into the ground. I rolled a few times away from my attacker before jumping up, running up a wall that I was about to hit, grabbed a sword of mine and twisted in midair, landing ready for battle.

Sitting on the ground with a smile on his face was Mikey, “Hi, Mikito!”

Breathing out, I sheathed my sword and glared playfully at Mikey before coming up and helping me up. “You like scaring me, huh?”

“Yeah!” Mikey said happily. “But I also heard my name, so I wanted to surprise you.”

“That’s nice.” I smiled. “Donnie wants us to wait for him while he gets his new invention.”

“A new one?” Mikey’s eyes went wide with an excited gleam in them. “Let’s go!”

“I have to get Leo and Sophie, though.” I said, trying to peel him off my arm.

“We’re right here, Mikito.” Sophie’s voice said behind me, making me jump. I turned around to face her. Both he and Leo were there. “We heard it all.”

“Is Naomi better because I don’t see Raph anywhere,” Leo asked.

“Yeah,” I answered. “She’s better, but stiff and hardly able to walk.”