Aw, Rats

Without Naomi, the group seemed less confident or something. It was daytime when we went up and it was something that I only heard from April and Mii-wa. It was beautiful. 

"Wow," Mikey breathed from beside me. "The city's so beautiful in the day time." 

"I was thinking the same thing." I smiled, jumping over an alley way. 

"Where did April say she was?" Leo asked Donnie. 

"Right about here." Donnie stated, pausing on a roof. He pointed at a telephone pole. "There. Hang on April!" 

"I think that's all I can do at the moment!" April called out to him. 

Rats were on the streets, covering up the usual dull grey with their furry bodies. The pole April was clinging on to had some rats climbing up to meet her, while the a few others were chewing the bottom. 

I looked at everyone, "Anybody bring rope?" 

Sophie scoffed, "Who's the one that's prepared for anything?" 

"You?" Mikey guessed. 

Getting in a pouch, Sophie got out a few feet of rope. There were six in total. 

"How do you always have everything at the ready?" Donnie asked, getting his share. "Seriously?" 

"Well, you thank Naomi." Sophie smiled. "She taught me." 

With skilled roping skills, we swung over and landed on the telephone pole. Raph kept throwing rats down. "Oh, I'm going to start killing these stupid rats." 

"Well," Donnie interjected. "Besides their small skull size, rats actually have a very large brain-- Ow!" 

He looked up and Raph had a rat in hand. "Shut up, seriously." 

"Well, you sorta walked into that one, Raph." Sophie scoffed above him. 

The pole dangerously yanked down as the wood where the rats below us were chewing began to give out. I heard a scream and I saw April fall. 

"April!" Donnie cried. Jumping off the pole, he swung around and caught her in midair, landing on the pole safely again. "I gotcha." Again, the pole threatened to topple over. 

"I do not wanna get eaten by rats." Sophie growled, letting her rope go and balancing on the pole since it was pretty close to being horizontal. 

"But if you did, you'd have a quick death." Mikey said. We all looked at him. "Because rats, they just chew and chew and chew and chew... and chew..." 

Leo looked around and saw this air vent. "Come on! Get to the other side." 

Quickly, we kicked away any rats and went to the farthest side of the vent. As the rats finished with their chewing, the pole fell beneath my feet, but I landed on it again. Before I knew what Leo was planning, the other end fell over the air vent, sending us to the roofs. 

"Oh, goodness..." I breathed. Looking down, rats were already raiding the telephone pole to find our remains. Too bad for them. "Chew on that, rat face!" 

Sophie looked at me as I turned around, "Really?" 

"What?" I asked. "Oh, come on, really?" 

"I think Leo would've done that better..." Raph sighed. 

"So I could've done it and you would've laughed?" Leo asked. 

Shaking his head, Raph replied. "No." 

Leo just shrugged his shoulders and sighed deeply. Then with a thoughtful look, he said, "This attack seems very planned. Whoever is behind this must be really smart." 

"Is it just me or does anyone remember who Naomi said it was before we left the lair?" Sophie asked. 

"Wasn't it Dr. Falco?" Donnie questioned. 

Sophie nodded her head. "Yes, and he must be controlling every rat in New York." 

"Wait," Leo paused. "Every rat?" 

"Master Splinter!" I gasped. "We have to hurry!"