Turtles and Kraang

A pain even greater than Naomi’s mind control was passing in my head. Groaning, I leaned up, trying to find my thoughts. I heard someone talking in a low voice so I just now open my eyes.

It was blurry at first, but after I took a few good breaths, my vision came to. The others were coming to as well, but two of them were awake. Wait… There were suddenly eight of us? Huh?

“Naomi?” I asked. I recognized the bandana color, but the one she was talking to didn’t. “Who’s that?”

Turning around, Naomi turned to me, “Well it’s about time you’re awake. You okay?”

“Been better…” I held my head again. Getting up, I leaned against a large glass-like cylinder. “Huh?”

“We’re trapped, Sherlock.” Naomi sighed, looking at the boys and Sophie getting up as well.

“Naomi?” I asked again. “Who’s that behind you?”

Everyone looked up at Naomi who moved to the side just a little. It was another Turtle! Each of us dropped our jaws. The new Turtle waved cautiously and whispered, “Hi.”

“You’ve been hiding another, Turtle, huh, Naomi?” Mikey asked. “You should’ve let her meet us!”

“I haven’t been hiding her,” Naomi snapped. “She’s been trapped here for five years.”

“Five years in this building?” Sophie asked.

The new Turtle nodded, “Yeah. I was separated from my mom at ten and some guys in suits and looking the same snatched me out of an alleyway, bringing me here and pouring this goop on me, turning me into this.”

“Wait,” I stopped her. “You were human?”

“Yeah,” she nodded. “Why? That come as a surprise?”

“Yeah, actually, it does.” I nodded. “We were all originally turtles, but just grew.”

“Guys,” Donnie interrupted us and pointed around us. “Look.”

Turning around, already forgetting about the new Turtle, the air around the glass was a sickly green and Kraang brains were flying around in little planes. Some of them were looking at our weapons that they had taken away while we were out cold. Then there was the giant machine that Donnie was staring at.

“It’s so beautiful.” Donnie sighed, putting his face against the glass.

“Why don’t you marry it, then?” Sophie asked.

Everyone laughed.

“Guys, the air is bad.” Sophie pointed out. “If we breathe it in, we’ll just be back in the same predicament.”

“But we need to get out…” Donnie muttered.

“How?” the new Turtle asked from her sitting position. “I’ve been stuck here for five years and there is no way out.”

“Well, there’s more of us and we’re used to our bodies,” Naomi answered, helping her up. “So you’ll get out today.”

“Alright, we need to think of a plan…” Leo thought. “Mikey, how long did you say you could hold breath?”

“Like a Turtle do.” Mikey smiled.

“Alright, then. Get ready to hold your breath.” Leo ordered.

We all breathed in deeply as Mikey hid inside his shell and the boys caught him. They rammed him into the glass that started to break. After two more bangs, the glass broke and we jumped out, grabbing our weapons. There was a pair of whips left over, but the new Turtle came and snatched them up, whipping them around skillfully. One of them grabbed a flying Kraang out of the air and brought it down.

I smiled at her and she smiled shyly back before running to her own corner. I kicked a Kraang to the wall and it cracked the glass. Donnie then used his staff like a baseball bat and swung another flying Kraang at the same place in the glass, making it shatter and make an opening.

We each breathed in the right air deeply. Donnie looked at the portal and started to observe it when it started glowing.

“Anything can come through that!” Donnie shouted. “We gotta stop it!”

“Yeah, because we can totally defeat a machine.” Sophie snapped, running around the machine as a large object walked out. “Holy jumping Katanas….” It was a large rock-man that looked made out of black rock and magma.

“Wow…” Donnie muttered. “I’d love to study it, but we gotta destroy it…”

“Donnie, ignore the science for once and pay attention to the fight.” Raph sighed.

We jumped around the rock, trying to land a hit and not breaking our weapons. Naomi bent her staff within the first two minutes.

“Again?!” she screamed. “This is my third staff this year!”

“What’s your usual number?” Sophie asked, slashing out at the rock-man. She jumped out of the way as the rock opened his mouth and a river of lava came out. “Gyah!”

“Watch out for the lava barf!” Raph called out, trying to find a weakness as well.

“This thing’s tough!” Donnie called, snapping his staff again. “And it’s always my weapon…”

Naomi came up and whacked him upside the head with her bent staff. “Your weapon? Look at everyone else too.”

“We need a new plan!” Leo called out.

“Obviously!” Naomi snapped.

Suddenly, a bright light came back from the portal and we all groaned. Then the elevator dinged and then Leatherhead charged out, growling and roaring out, whipping his long tail around. He took one glance at the rock-man and tackled him. The rest of us rolled or dodged out of the way.

“Leatherhead!” Leo called. “Take him to the portal!”

Growling with effort, Leatherhead picked up rock-man and threw him toward the portal. The rock-man started getting up, but Leatherhead pushed him and himself into the portal.

“Farewell, friends,” Leatherhead said as he disappeared through the portal.

“Leatherhead!” Mikey cried. “No!”