Chapter 8:

Going on a date was never been on Keiko's mind even when she started in middle school. She was intent on passing that until she graduates with a little bit of fun with her friends. She planned to live her days in school annoying professors with her wit and debating abilities to her utmost best then poked fun with her classmates and then play basketball with her friends. She never expected to be on a date. But what she definitely didn't expect was her date would be Seijuro Akashi, the captain of the basketball club.

Keiko was in her room getting ready for a typical date not the high end children of society but as students who were dating in student's budget. It was so fun to her to make Akashi accept this kind of date and he was not the kind of guy she thought of.

She picked a black skinny jeans and a simple white printed shirt paired with her sneakers. Voila! She was set for her date. Apparently, her nanny didn't like the outfit and told her that she had to be in a dress and even her mom and dad said so.

"Fine! I'm going to wear a dress but I'm going to wear this." She pointed at her shoes. The critics were shut silent. They couldn't imagine that there was a dress fit for this kind of shoes but little did they know that there were a lot of people already doing that.

The doorbell rang and nanny hurriedly composed herself then opened the door. "Good afternoon, Mr. Akashi. She's waiting for you in the living room," she heard nanny say to him.

The moment Keiko saw him, her state of mind was in total chaos. Seijuro Akashi in casual clothes was dreadfully beautiful. Did she make the wrong choice? The boy standing in front of her was dashing with good looks.

"Are you ready?" Akashi asked.

Keiko nodded in response and got up from her seat.

---------------------------------------------------------

Keiko and Akashi were dropped off by the park near the buzzing town center. This was a typical date and they were students so they had to walk like one. Akashi grabbed her hand and she jumped off a little in surprise. He smiled at her but grabbed again her hand.

"Typical date, right?"

Keiko was a little flustered about the happenings but most of all because people were staring at them. She couldn't even know if there were some students from their school. That would be total chaos again if this spread out in school.

"So what are we going to do?" Keiko asked Akashi. He looked at her then gave a nonchalant expression.

"We'll go somewhere we can play," Akashi replied to Keiko.

The date was fun, she admitted to herself but not to Akashi or to anyone. He dragged her on the arcade to play ball shooting and well, the game ended with a tie. It was such a shame that she can't defeat him once more. That would have been epic.

When she got hungry, they ate on a fast food restaurant that she couldn't fathom that he would have. But he ate with no complaint at all. Keiko was surprised that he can eat burger with him holding it in his hands. He perfectly ate the burger without smudging some sauce in her face.