Chapter 37:

Seijuro was sitting at the head of the dining table in their home while Keiko sat at the right side of the table, close to him. They were eating their breakfast and it has been weeks after the vacation. It was not yet back to work since they were still lounging and relaxing in their house but once in a while, they were going out. He reached out for the hand of Keiko and held the hand.

Keiko looked away from her plate and had a gaze of inquiry towards Seijuro.

"What do you want today?" Seijuro queried. "It will be two more days of no work day before stress comes."

Keiko grimaced when the word stress came out of the mouth of Seijuro. "You really are joyous early in the morning," she remarked while she continued eating her fruits in her plate. "Well, I am sure the gang is already fed up with seeing us." They have been gathering many times already. A four week break was too much that they ended up spending most of it with the gang.

"Well, we didn't have time with just the two of us. Let us have a date for today," Seijuro suggested. With their busy schedule, they almost had no time with each other and in their off in work, they tried to spend time with their friends and family. A week with the friends, a week with Seijuro's father, and a week in the family of Keiko and now, they had spent two days just in the house. So, there was no time for a date with just the two of them.

Keiko's cheeks painted with a tint of pink at the sudden proposal. "I like that suggestion, Seijuro. But where?"

"Well, let's just do the usual," Seijuro said.

"Usual?" Keiko inquired in confusion then frowned. "If dating in high-end restaurant or anything like that, I refuse. You know how I repulse being stiff and all."

Seijuro chuckled in amusement. "I know you hate that. I said the usual but I am not yet finished in talking. I wanted the date we used to do when we were in middle school. Just walking and eating in family restaurant, I know you like that one." Well, he liked those dates back then. They were just eating near the fast food chains near Teiko and her favorite yogurt shop.

Keiko beamed in happiness. "I love that."

Akashi's heart skipped a beat at the exuberant smile of his fiancée. That was always his goal now. It was to make this woman smile more because that was what he loves about her face. It was that smile that made his heart melts every time.

Keiko winked at Seijuro and smiled seductively towards him. "Fallen for me?"

Akashi laughed heartily at his playful Keiko.

The household employees smiled at the heartfelt laugh of their master. It was regular occurrence to hear those laughs now. Their soon to be mistress was the light of the heart of their master.

Yes, that is what I like to hear. The laugh of the man, who has suffered too much since childhood, it is the laugh I really wanted to hear from his mouth. Keiko rested her head on her propped arms and warmly smiled at Seijuro. "I like the sound of your laugh."