Chapter 40:

"Well, don't you look dashing, Akashi?" Aomine remarks to the red haired tuxedo clad groom.

"Aomine," Midorima warns but stops when Kuroko kicks Aomine in his feet.

"Can you not behave like a mature person just this day?" Kise says to Aomine as he puts his flower on his chest pocket, a yellow peony. It looks like each of their colors is paired with them.

Seijuro puts his tuxedo coat then places the red peony on his chest pocket. He didn't like the slick back style of his hair but Keiko likes them to be looking neat and proper, not like basketball players. "What's my grandfather doing?"

Old man Kato stares at the bunch of men, who looks dashing with their tux and slick back hair. Judging from it, Keiko-sama didn't want them to be looking barbaric and tacky. He then turns his attention to his master. "Your grandfather has just arrived and is sitting quietly at his seat."

"Is your grandfather sick?" Aomine queries in surprise. He has met the old one a few times already and the man is grumpy and never stays quiet. And Akashi's grandfather is against this marriage, so why is he keeping his peace?

"Keiko has spoken to him. It looks like whatever the talk is, it is between the two," Seijuro answers the query of Aomine. Even though it is irking him because Keiko is shut mouth about it and he doesn't want to talk to his grandfather at all. From all the hardships he has given in his relationship with Keiko, there's no way he will suck up his pride just because of an ounce of curiosity.

"Akashi, it is time to go to the chapel," Midorima announces what the coordinator has spoken to him.

Akashi buttons his sleeves and nods his head to Midorima. "Shall we get going?"

"It's about time," Aomine exclaims in joy since he is getting bored being in this room with just boys to look at.

"Mine-chin, just wants to tail skirts," Murasakibara expresses with laziness. He is not comfortable with being dressed too formally. It looks so uptight.

Aomine glares at Murasakibara but gasps when the whole team agrees with what Murasakibara has said.

-------------------------------------------

"Keiko, you look beautiful in that dress," Satsuki praises in her high pitch voice.

Keiko is dressed in a silky satiny simple full-sleeves embroidered ball gown with a removable train and her hair is styled in a crown braid with a gold tiara in a flower and vine design, jeweled with rhinestones and Swarovski crystals. Her make up is done simply, just like a no-make up after effect.

"It will be more beautiful if it is not a ball gown," Keiko grumbles. She can't sit comfortably with this puffy gown. But knowing that Honey has put so much effort in making it simple as she likes, she has to keep her qualms to a minimum.