Chapter 24:

"So, how does it feel to be back in Japan after several long years?" Rina asked Keiko with a wide smile. They were on a plane going back to Japan. Their personal asylum had been lifted after they had graduated from their chosen courses in college. Keiko took business management for she would be the one inheriting the position of her father, Honey finished fashion design since she liked to have her own time and schedule, Libbie chose modeling as her career in life but finished a media related course, and she had graduated from a business management class since she was like Keiko, an inheritor of their business for she was an only child.

Keiko just rolled her eyes at her goofing friend. She ignored Rina and looked outside only to see fluffy clouds. It would be another hour before they would land on the land of the rising sun. It had been too long before they decided to come back home.

Honey sat up in her seat and looked over the headrest of her seat. "Are we even going to eat first before going back to our apartment?" she grumbled. She was already hungry to the bones and they still didn't have any decent meal when they had taken off in LAX.

Keiko looked at Honey with a surprise expression. "Nobody told Honey?" she inquired to the two girls, one sitting beside her and the other sitting in front of her.

"I thought you told her," Rina and Libbie said at the same time.

"What?" Honey exclaimed in confusion.

Keiko sighed in disbelief. She should have checked if Honey knew the circumstances. "I will be staying in the main house for quite some time as ordered by my father. I still don't know how long my stay will last in the house. So, we have decided that we will go home to our parents' home for the mean time and bond with them."

"And you didn't even tell me about it?" Honey shrieked in anger.

"That's why I am explaining it to you now," Keiko uttered. "After all, you're the busiest person at our last week in L.A. and we can't even see you any time of the day on those days," she stated calmly. "It's not only our fault, why you are not have been told by the decision. Anyway, let us eat before separating."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Keiko, welcome home," Keiko's mother and father welcomed their daughter warmly.

Keiko forced out a smile and hugged her parents. The main house was really something bothersome to her. That was why she wanted to stay at the apartment in the rest of her stay in Japan and it would be a long stay. She didn't tell them 'I'm home' because this house was a walk down memory lane for her.

"We've been told that you had dined with the girls before going here," her mother said with a warm smile. She put her arm on Keiko's back and led her inside the house.

"Ah yes, we are all hungry when the plane landed on the tarmac and Honey is grumbling at us already," Keiko responded in a jest. "Besides, I plan to retire as soon as I arrived but it looks like you have prepared something for me." She shifted her gaze away from the places that have stupid memories that she was trying to forget for the past years.