Chapter 39:

Keiko followed the pacing angry Seijuro. She was sure that the man was ready to lash out his anger any minute. Her gaze then stopped to the calm lawyer of Seijuro then to the irritated Masaomi Akashi. "Why don't we take a breather?" she suggested with a smile. Waiting for that old man would do nothing but wrong decisions.

"No, let's not wait for grandfather," Seijuro spoke, clipped. "He's the one who has suggested this pre-nuptial agreement but he not showing up on time will do us nothing." He then looked at his lawyer-cum-friend. "We will not sign anything anymore. The agreements are null and void."

Keiko sighed. Yes, this was what she was afraid of. "Seijuro, why don't we sign them?"

Seijuro stared at his fiancée. "Stop pleasing my grandfather. He pushed me to make this choice, so, he has to suck up my decision."

"I agree with Seijuro, Keiko. The old man is really testing anyone's patience," Masaomi butted in the conversation. His father was going out of line. This was his grandson's happiness and yet he couldn't support it like a man with pride of an Akashi. He had to learn that not he or Seijuro would kneel down to him like he was a king.

Keiko sighed. "I'm not pleasing anyone but it is not nice to see a family being neck to neck just because of a woman and that woman is me. So, let us just sign these stupid papers and move on after." She was already done in understanding the old man but that didn't mean she would not value the meaning of family. If this marriage would start with this then this relationship would crumble, she didn't want that to happen. So as much as possible, she wanted to have a peaceful marriage.

Seijuro looked at Keiko, scrutinizing what his fiancée was thinking. He heaved a heavy breath. For his grandfather to push him to this anger was sickening even himself was sicken. But as long as Keiko wanted this to be smooth, he had to retreat the bile in his emotions on his grandfather.

"Fine, let's sign and get on with our lives."

Keiko's parents were silent in the whole ordeal or holding on their temper because they had promised their daughter that they would support her decision, wholeheartedly.

Keiko appreciated how her parents kept their opinion to themselves, especially her mother. She knew how her mother wanted to scream insanity but keeping herself in check because of her daughter's selfishness.

"Do not worry about us. As long as you're happy, we'll be happy," Keiko's father said as he squeezed his daughter's hand in care. He then picked up the pen and started signing on the agreement.

Keiko's heart warmed up with the love she had been showered by her parents. She appreciated their support and their love for her happiness. Her ups and downs never made their love waver a bit. "Thank you," she whispered with a warm smile.

------------------------------------------------