Chapter 16:

'Flight JTJ 567 bound to Tokyo, Japan; please go to gate 21 for boarding.'

Keiko stood up with the rest of her teammates. Why was she even going back to Japan? She was so indignant on not coming back but she was already ignoring her oath. With a scowl on her usual calm face, she dragged her trolley towards the boarding gate. Japan, here I come.

Rina looked at her friend worriedly. Four months. They were only gone for four months and now they were going back to Japan because of an invitation of the friend's coach to a team in Japan. Their damn coach didn't say anything and it pissed her off.

Libbie and Honey were silently dragging their trolley and their duffel bags on their shoulders. They were excited to go back but not this early. A year was what their plan to visit.

"It's your home country, girls," Coach Leah said. "Are you not excited to be back?"

Keiko looked away from their coach. Did they even look excited when she announced it days ago? Excitement was not in their face that day but dreadfulness. They were dreading this day but maybe, it was her who was dreading this day the most.

---------------------------------------------------------

Keiko and the girls had watched a game Jabberwock against the team Vorpal Swords, composing of Akashi, Aomine, Kagami, Kise, Midorima, Murasakibara, Tetsuya, Hyuuga, Takao and Wakamatsu. It was an exciting match of wits and talents. They enjoyed watching the game because the team was whole again and they trusted each other's strength. They have won against Jabberwock and it was a great match in the end. Murasakibara ended up with an injured hand because of Silver but it all ended well.

"Keiko, what are you thinking about?" Coach Leah asked.

"On why are we going to Rakuzan High, for a practice match for a week," Keiko sarcastically said with the hint of annoyance in her voice. For someone sake, why of all the places did they get to have a practice match against Rakuzan players?

"Eiji Shirogane is a family friend of mine. Remember, I am Leah Fukui. I am a Japanese decent even if I lived most of my life in America, darlings. I am just giving back the favor I got from him when I was still studying in here how to be a coach. He was my mentor."

Rina couldn't do anything but sigh. She was studying the sour mood of Keiko since the trip to Kyoto started. Keiko might have been a bit soft in the game against the Jabberwock but that had ended and her mind set was back to being in pain and hurt again.

"I want to test the second string strength. I have heard that the Rakuzan team is quite strong and my mentor said that he wants to have a great farewell match for the seniors."

The crownless generals are still second years, Keiko thought. Fine! For the sake of basketball, I will sacrifice this shattered heart. "But, why does it have to be five days? I am sure that the second string players could do well in just two days."