Chapter 34:

Keiko sighed for the nth time as her vehicle stopped moving for the nth time also. She was just near her company building but her car couldn't even enter the parking entrance with the many obstacles it was facing with people hovering over it and flashed of camera lights and microphones being pushed at the closed window of her car.

The engagement of her and Seijuro had been wild news, roaming over any television channels. It was like the most searched topic for the past few days and it even trended in social networking sites. A bit perturbing and disastrous on her part but she had already perceived that this would happen once it was announce officially.

"Kei, it looks like we can't pass the swarm of reporters," Greg said in worry. "Should we just go home?"

Keiko clicked her tongue in annoyance. She had been working at home for four days already and that was not how she rolls when working. "Call the security to form a barricade between the car and the people. I will not work at home."

"Understood," Joe responded.

-----------------------------------------

"Tough week," Rina queried with a strain smile.

"Hell week," Keiko corrected then sighed. She rubbed her temples in tiredness. "This is why I wanted to keep low profile on my relationship. The biggest company in Japan, the Akashi group, and the leading Hotel and Resort Company, the Kinomoto group, is marrying the heirs and president of their own companies. It will be a union of a lifetime in Japan."

"And it looks like that they are even digging the middle school love affair you've had," Libbie remarked with a glum smile.

"It is part of being, what they quote about, "royalties"," Keiko uttered in dismay. "It would be even bigger if it is cancelled."

"What cancelled?" Seijuro entered the office of Keiko. His eyes trained into her left hand and saw the engagement ring in there.

Rina and Libbie gasped in horror. They knew about the fight the two had when the engagement was announced. So, they were in fear that this will be another one.

"Cancel the engagement," Keiko answered nonchalantly.

"In a teasing manner," Seijuro queried.

Keiko thought about it but giggled when she saw the reaction of her friends. "Of course, I am jesting about it." She waved her hand as if to gesture her erasing her statement. Her attention then turned towards her boyfriend. "What are you doing here?"

Rina stood abruptly. "Uhm... Should we leave?"

"There's no need, Rina. I just want to talk to Keiko about the strengthening of her company's security." Seijuro gave his fiancée the look of 'I am telling you before doing it'.

Keiko rolled her eyes at her highhanded boyfriend...well...fiancé. "Telling me before imposing it," she remarked with ire but then heaved a sigh. They did say that or should she say that she would agree to him being protective just inform her beforehand but this was... A fault in her statement and Seijuro made sure to take advantage of it. "Do what you want," she uttered defeated.