Chapter 26:

As always, Keiko was not used to eating in high-end restaurants because all of the people dining in there were stiff and stoic. But she had no right to be picky now because this was arranged by Akashi and not her. She even wanted to sigh when they were welcomed with stares and murmurings. Well, there was nothing she could do about that because Akashi was still playing basketball until now and he was famous too.

"Keiko," Seijuro said and looked at the expressionless Keiko as they were being ushered to their table. He knew she hated eating in this kind of places but these places have their perks. Silence and privacy was one of them and right now, he needed those.

Keiko looked to her side and gave an inquiring gaze to Akashi. He nudged his head on the chair. She might have been totally out of it for her not to notice that Akashi had already pulled the chair for her. "Thanks," she uttered weakly and took her seat.

When Seijuro was seated on his seat, the waiter gave them their menu. He glanced at Keiko and saw that she was scanning the menu with boredom. He smirked, knowing that she was not even astounded at the beautiful restaurant they were dining in. This restaurant was even owned by one of his teammates in Vorpal Swords and he was wondering if she knew that. "I'll have my usual," he said to the waiter.

The waiter jotted down the usual order of their regular customer in his notepad. He then walked towards the female companion of Mr. Akashi. "How about you, ma'am?" he queried.

Keiko still didn't find something she wanted to eat on the menu. She had vegetable last night and abundance of meat the day before yesterday with the girls. What was she going to have today for lunch? Akashi had already said his order. She scanned the menu. It was not a vast menu but meat and seafood were its main entrée in here. She then looked up and smiled at the waiter. "I'll have the rib eye steak, medium well-done and a glass of cabernet sauvignon."

The waiter wrote it down. "How about for desserts?"

"No desserts for me," Keiko responded and then gave an inquiring look at Akashi.

"No," Seijuro said and waved his hand. "That's all."

"Okay, sir."

---------------------------------------------------------

"What's with the date for, Akashi?" Keiko asked, even if she did know the reason for this. She needed confirmation, for she might be wrong in her assumption. "Is it about the expiring contract?"

Seijuro placed down his fork and knife at both side of his plate and had a sip from his drink before looking up to Keiko, who was done eating on her small portion size rib eye steak. He took hold of the table napkin and wiped his mouth with it then placed it back on the table. "It is not about the contract. I don't like talking about business outside of the company premises. I think you know why I am doing this."

Keiko tilted to the side, giving Akashi a bewildered look. Could he not be vaguer than that then? Did he like to come it from her mouth? As if she would speak of it without confirming about it.