Chapter 28:

Rina entered the office of Keiko only to see her friend drowning in a sea of papers. She wanted to chuckle in amusement. "Keiko, it is lunch time. I have ordered food from the cafeteria to be brought in your office," she stated.

Keiko nodded her head, not removing her gaze on the contract on her hand. She needed to finish the pile of papers for today. "Just feel at home in my office, Rina. I'll be done in a minute."

Rina was already seating in the couch and was being at home even before Keiko mentioned it. "Anyway, you have talked to Akashi last night. Have you given him an answer?" she pried with a flat and serious expression.

Keiko glanced at Rina and sighed. "Yeah, I did give him an answer," she responded and looked back on the paper on her hand.

"Hm," Rina nodded her head in understanding. Judging by Keiko last night and today, it went well. The question was did she give the man a chance or not. And boy, she was curious about it. Both people involve were silent and it was piquing her curiosity.

Keiko chuckled in wry amusement on Rina's curiousness. She signed the contract and put it on the tray labeled 'done'. She tidied up her desk, piled the papers together, put the pens on the cup full of pens, and stood up. She walked towards the couch and took the plush couch opposite Rina's. "What are you curious about?" she muses.

"On whether, you dumped Akashi?" Rina blurted quickly.

Keiko laughed this time at her friend's straightforwardness. "I didn't dump him," she answered truthfully. She raised her hand to stop Rina from shrieking. The door to her office opened and her secretary together with an assistant pushed a trolley inside.

"Your lunch, Ms. Keiko," Sora announced and pointed on the trolley being pushed by an assistant of the cafeteria.

"Thank you, Sora. You may leave it there and we'll be doing the rest," Keiko replied amiably.

Sora nodded her head. "Just ring me up when you wanted the trolley to be picked up, Ms. Keiko."

"I will," Keiko answered back.

---------------------------------------------------------

"So, you didn't dump him," Rina said then she took a spoonful of her food, salmon and rice.

"Yeah, I didn't," Keiko affirmed. "Well, I even solved the mystery of my room key," she remarked absentmindedly. Her spoon was going to her mouth when Rina stopped it midway. "What?"

Rina grabbed her glass of water and drank from it. "You said that you have solved the mystery of your missing room key. How the hell did you solve it?" she queried.