Chapter 15:

It had been four months since Keiko and the girls left for America, the country that loved basketball so much. It is the country that they would live in for the couple of years until she was ready to face the man who broke her heart. She had given up on his forgiveness when he was back to his old self. The sand had stopped falling and there was no time left for her heart to forgive.

"Hey, Kei, it is time for practice and Coach Leah said that we will have a meeting after," Rina said as she put down her things in her desk in their room. They were living inside the school premises. The thing they called dorm rooms which can accommodate the four of them.

Keiko looked away from what she was reading and stared at Rina. "I thought it is my free day today," she grumbled, setting down the book on the side of the bed. She jumped off the bed and hurriedly walked towards her cabinet to get the duffel bag with all the necessities for practicing. "And do you have an idea about the meeting? We don't have a game till the next cup to strategize."

Rina shrugged her shoulders. "Even I am surprised with this. I am planning on going to the mall to have a date and now, I canceled it for this practice and meeting."

"Where's Libbie and Honey?" Keiko inquired. She grabbed her phone in the side table beside her bed and put it in her jean pocket.

"Honey is still being left behind because of detention. She is late in her first class earlier and Libbie is going to catch up after the shoot from a certain teen magazine," Rina informed while putting her things in the duffel bag, same design as Keiko. It was not a school duffel bag for the basketball team but it was a sponsored one from a sports company. They were made into model of this sports brand because they caused ruckus to a normal basketball season.

"Detention again? How many times has she been in the detention room for being late?" Keiko remarked in disbelief. Honey didn't still know how to get up early and this time even if they were living in the school compound she still comes up late to her first class because of oversleeping.

"We are talking about Honey here. Even if we wake her up an hour before school begins, she will stay in her bed, knocked out cold." Rina slang the bag on her shoulder and turns back, saw Keiko was already ready.

"Done," Keiko queried and walked towards the door.

"Yeah," Rina replied with a smirk. "I just hope that the coach will be lenient on practice today. I don't want to exert effort," she spoke, her stride quick like she was catching the last bus home.

Keiko giggled as she quickens her phase because of Rina's stride. Their coach in this school came from hell was what they always say. Her training was hard and their teammates rarely went back to the dorms with energy left in their system. The horrible thing was she liked punishments that tire your muscles from running laps in the field.

---------------------------------------------------------

Keiko gulped water from her bottle as the practice was stopped because one of the players lost consciousness from fatigue. She glanced at her side and saw Rina doing an exercise, the one where you sit then stand repeatedly. At the side of Rina was Honey, wiping the sweat in her face and was grumbling about the demon coach. Libbie, on the side of Honey, was busy tidying up her disheveled hair. As always, they were the only one who was still ready to have a go for the training.