Chapter 32:

Time had frozen and silence was as eerie as any suspense movie that people wanted to watch, every once in a while. Eyes were moving left and right, synchronically. Lips were twitching to open and talked to their companion but were wary to disturb the two complicated persons sitting inside the massive and spacious cafeteria of the main company building.

Keiko, slightly and awkwardly, sat rigidly, in one of the cafeteria's comfortable chair but she was not even cozy at all. Did her father choose wrongly on furniture? Or was it the person sitting right in front of her that made her uncomfortable? Why was he even here? She thought that there was no way that this person would visit her.

"The only thing I came here for is to say that you break of whatever relationship you have with my grandson. Please have a seat," the grandpa of Seijuro turned his head towards a woman, wearing an elegant floral dress, more beautiful than Libbie, as he gestured the free seat in their table.

"Ms. Kinomoto, I want you to meet the future granddaughter in law of mine, Sierra Han. She is the daughter of the leading distillery in Japan. Her grandfather..."

"Is not any of her concerns, father," Masaomi butted in and took the other free seat. He turned his attention to Keiko and smiled. "Good morning, Keiko."

Keiko had a minute doubt if she had to reply or not, in front of these people. If she responded then it would make matters worse and if she didn't then it would look like she was an ass. She was weighing that in her mind in just few seconds. So, she chose a more considerate way, a smile and a nod of her head towards Uncle Masaomi. Why had this become more awkward than the said fiancée being in front of her? It had lost its appeal of surprise to her.

As a habit, she touched her wristwatch and checked on the time. She had a meeting in half an hour and she came down here to have some light meal before the meeting, to have her mind working and be focused but with this happening, she was pretty sure that the cold coffee in front of her, sitting at the table for minutes, will not suffice for her mind. She needed a stronger caffeinated drink than coffee. A double dose of espresso was not going to make it up for it. Where was Seijuro when you need him?

"It is nice to see you, Sierra. How's your grandfather? I heard that..."

Keiko, sharply, turned her head towards Uncle Masaomi, with the expression of realization on what would be spoken next. So... "I should be preparing for my next meeting. I apologize for leaving already. And Uncle, I'll see you later for our meeting."

"You're so kind," Masaomi murmured.

"Not as much..." Keiko responded then left. What worried her now is Seijuro? She was sure that he would burst in anger if he knew that his grandfather had done something he had been warned about already. She just hoped that it would turn into a drama.

-----------------------------------------

Keiko read company documents in serious demeanor in one hand while her other free hand, played with her pen. She still had a few...she looked up and then sighed. She had more documents to study and sign.