Lunch

I went back to my room to get some things. As I was about to take my wallet, a few maids burst into my room, holding a huge gown. They came to me, and explained, 'It's a tradition that the princess must wear a gown to a meal!'

I rolled my eyes and said, 'I don't wear dress!' But they cut me off and dressed me in it.

It was really bulky and hard to walk in. Sometimes, I would trip on it and fall. The maids would shake their heads and sigh.

Soon, I entered the dining hall and saw both my parents sitting down and eating their food. The food looked so nice!

There was a huge piece of meat on each of their plates with side dishes such as salads, fruits mashed potato. I guess they prefer human food to the ones here.

I sat down on the chair. The table was really long. Imagine a huge rectangle that is really long. There are 2 short parts and 2 long parts. Both my parents were sitting on the 2 short parts. My sit was on the long part.

It was really awkward. Some servant brought out my food. I looked on my dish and saw a big piece of drumstick. It was marvelous. I picked up the drumstick and started eating it.

My parents and the servants stared at me. I looked at them awkwardly and slowly placed the drumstick down and wiped my hands with a piece of tissue.

I picked up the fork and knife and tried using it to eat the drumstick. After a while, I gave up. I took up the spoon and started eating the side dishes and the soup.

I used my hands to eat the drumstick. Everybody looked at me like I was doing something wrong. I got so frustrated that I shouted, 'What are all of you looking at?! I'm just eating it! It's not like I'm eating poop!'

Everybody got back to what they were supposed to do hurriedly. My parents gave me a displeased look. By the looks of it, I don't think I'm supposed to talk while eating.

I quickly finished eating and left the dining room. I didn't know being a princess is so hard and frustrating. I seriously can't wait to go back to Alfea....