Chapter 29

**recap*** a bomb went off in Jacobes home, impaling his father in the chest killing his father, jacobe was so disturbed by this he challenged Brandon for the Alpha tittle which was originally his birthright. Iris was kidnapped again, and Matt had some kind of link to her no idea as to why.

-Jacobe

It felt like fire crawled all threw his skin. He was changing, and no one could help him. Every still stood in a circle around both Brandon the fallen Alpha and Jacobe the new Alpha by right of challenge. Everyone knelt before him in respect, no one looked up at all or even made eye contact, the power that radiated off him was intimidating. Paul and Matt, still at his side was knelt before him except Matt. He wasn't fazed not intimidated . So he let his new Alpha deal with the change on his own.

Matt was the first to speak. "Dude your huge!"

Pauled looked at Matt surprised he didn't feel the same way and hissed a warning. "Matt."

Jacobe whimpered once, in pain before he had the courage to stretch, extending his front legs and bowing as he arch his back.

'Yes, I'm finally whole' the whisper of his wolf.

But Jacobe was still quiet, hurt and the realization of what had just happened hitting him. "I'm Alpha..." He thought shaking his massive head.

'We are Alpha.' The voice trailed off

"Jac?" The voice came from his left, he turned his head to see Paul looking at him confused. "You ok man?"

"I'm good Paul." Jac linked him giving his best Wolf grin "I'm never felt better, I can feel the power, Paul."

Paul stood up but regardless of how tall Paul was, Jacs wolf still towered over him by numerous feet.

Turning his massive head he looked at Matt curious. But shifted back to human form stumbling as he did. Matt quickly extended his arms to catching and Jac sent him a smile. "Thanks."

"No prob man like Paul said earlier we got you man. You really ok tho?"

"Yea I'm good just tired sorry." Shaking his head to clear his thoughts but everything swayed. "Wow" he stumbled again and Matt held him tight.

"Hey man let's get you to lay down." Jac just nodded as he let Matt lead him back to his house.

Paul stared at the both of them confused... Paul was Jacs right hand man, but now Matt was stepping up...what is going on? He thought to him self then looked around at the crowded that was still gathered still kneeling.

"Alright everyone, uh..Jac... I mean Alpha is tired and once he's done we will explain everything to you soon." He felt his face flush, Paul was never the type for speeches, shit if anything he was the muscle of the group. "For now go about you normal routine." He looked to the previous Luna and fallen Alpha, "I'll help you back to your home."

Paul, walked over to the fallen Alpha and in one movement lifted him in his arms and carried him.

----------------------------

It had been 2 days since they took her, my mate, my love...my Iris. I had everyone in the pack looking high and low with no sleep they would catch her scent then it would fade.

The day after I challenged Brandon Heart was also the day I became whole. The power that poured into me felt right.

*Alpha* Paul's voice sounded in my head as I looked down at maps that marked where her scent had been and there was no pattern.

*Don't calle that Paul...I'm still me.* I groaned rolling my eyes, ever since my fight with Brandon Heart everyone has changed towards me.

*we found a shirt.*

That caught my attention and I quickly was out the door of my office shifting midway out the door of my house. *where?*

I was running full speed to were I felt he might be, to the south. Ever since my fight and change iv been able to feel almost everyone in the pack, and where they might be or are. More like the vicinity of where they were.

I was a mass of black flying threw the trees running so fast, branches break under my paws even whipping my fur but I couldn't feel a thing.

Skidding to a halt I tested the air, opening my mouth, and in haling deeply. I tasted it before I smelt it, the metallic copper of blood, but this was sweeter, almost like honey, Peaches....Iris..

Listening intently i heard the howl id been waiting for. It was Matt, and his howl was desperate. Lunging forward I began moving again, following the faint echo of Matt's howl. It took me seconds before I skidded to a halt next to him.

He looked almost feral, his fur was matted and caked with mud, twigs and leaves. Ever since Iris left it he hadn't been the same. He hadn't shift from his wolf form since she left, he almost went rouge but is barley holding on to his sanity.

Even though I was much larger then his wolf, it didn't matter, he lifted his head at the sound of me and growled warning.

'Mat!' I let slip my own growl.

He didn't back down but faltered a step to the side. 'Its her.' His voice was small and broken.

'I'll have Kal track and see where it go-'

'No! I can do this.'

Taking a step forward I growled again. 'Don't ever tell me no. Remember your place, you'll do as I say.'

He didn't cour at the sound of my voice. But didn't say anymore, as he stepped aside letting me get close. Lowering my muzzle I sniffed the ground up to the shirt. It was Iris's blood and that awful scent of sourmilk....it was Dallas. He had her of course and want revenge for it.

'Their scent picks up and fades...' His voice was small and tired.

'Come Matt, we will look in a few hours. For now I'll send Paul.' It look like he was going to protest again but decided not to. Picking up the shirt he followed right behind me.

'Paul!' I linked to him and howled.

'I'm here' and suddenly he was stopped before me. He came up toe head low and licked my chin in respect. I rubbed my head over his. And one by one the others did the same.

'Follow the shirt. If you find something fresh let me know. I'm going to take Matt in.' Paul walked over to Matt nudged him with his muzzle. Hi tail wagged as he lowered his head nudging Paul back with his muzzle.

'Hey Matt your mom's worried sick.'

'Yea....sorry.' Was all Matt could say before moving away and continue walking back to the pack house.

'He's still not all here.' Paul asked looking after Matt.

'No...and I don't know why.' Taking a few steps in the direction he went I stopped. 'Find a trail Paul and when you do let me know.'

________________________________

Sorry guys I know its been over a month since I promised a update. But I got a new Fur baby. She's beautiful a little wolf of my own. She's a Husky Shepard. Named Her Ginger. And I was on vacation. So I'm back n here's an update. Not the final chapter so don't worry OK.