Chapter 22 Cain

Recap-**

Cain walked in to talk to Brandon and finally confront him about the Pack. And the true ruler.

40 years later

Michael fell ill with a fever that would never break. His son Cain stood at his bed side along with his his wife. Brandon at his feet.

"Alpha..." Brandon spoke quietly. "Cain can take over, I can help him...Hes just come of ag-."

"No!" Michaels voice was weak and brittle. "My Son is in no shape to rule this pack. Look at him." All eyes turned to Cain whos body was now bones and skin. "The loss of his child has taken hold. And the coming of this new child of his....look at him...a mess... I am not yet dead."

A his was heard as Michaels mate sat on the corner of the bed "Dont speak such things."

It was true though, durin the whole move a year later Cains Mate had gone into labor, but the child was a still born. The loss of the child nearly killed them both but Cain could not give his mate up, years had passed befor they decided to try again still with no luck. Brandon on the other hand had found his mate and completed the process. Cain was weak in Michael mind, weakness gives leverage to attacks.

Micheal coughed, looking at his mate, he knew he was dieing he didnt tell anyone. Nor did the pack doctor who he ordered and threatened to kill if he breathered a word. He then turned to Cain.

"You need to man up boy." Using his Alpha voice. "Your ganna take my place soon and I dont need a weak pup like you breakin the empire I have built." He coughed again dry heaving this time.

His mate came to his side worried "Love?" She franticly rubed his back.

If only she knew he was dieing. He stopped coughing and took her hand, kissed her palms. "Im ok my sweets, im ok."

Cain took a step closer kneeing by his father side. "I can do it dad. I can handle it."

Michael turned to him, made a thin line of his lips. "Leave us." he turned to his mate, and Cain. "Cain I will talk to you later. Brandon...I need a word."

Everyone got up and peft leavin Brandon and Michael alone.

"Brandon?" Michael looked at him, tired and drained. 

"Yes Alpha?" (Alpha. ha look at how weak he is. fragile like a pup)

"What do you think of my son?"

"Do you want my honest opinion?"

Michaels sulkin eyes, pierced threw Brandon. Brandon cleared his throat,  "I dout your son is ready to lead. If he leads it might mean the down fall of many. He might-"

"Give it to him."

"Just kill the whole...wait what?"

"Give my son the Title."

(what the fuck....no....)

"Alpha...I don-"

"You questioning me?"

Brandons body heated, feeling angry, he had stood back and watched as Michael slowly started to fall apart. The Alph spot was suppose to be his.

Brandon sat at the edge of Michaels bed. "Alpha I...I strongly....disagree."

Brandon stood still and watched as Michael slowly drifted off. (This old man thinks.....wait....) Brandon looked around and saw pillows scattered every where on the bed....(maybe if I.....)

"Here Alpha...let me help you." Brandon grabbed a pillow stuck it under his head, he grabbed another and held it firmly. "How is that...do you want another one?"

Michael just nodded his head weakly. Brandon graved the pillow and stood up. (Then let me help you Alph) Brandon put the pillow down and held it firmly in place.

---------------Clifer hanger------

Kiddin im not that mean.

--------------------------------

Michaels eyes julted open, as he trashed in bed. Brandon had covered his face with the pillow blocking his oxygen path. He freaked he froze he wasnt as strong since he was dieing. Brandon had the upper hand. He gasped for breath and got none. Slowly Michaels life stared to leave his eyes. In Michael's last momments he instctivly grabbed the chain he wore for the past 40 years of Destiny. He held onto it, and it started to glow bright...Michaels last thoughts went out to Cain his son. "Cain...my son" With his last thought his life ended. The Lunas Howl was heard and every one knew, The Alpha and Luna had died. 

*A/N decied to kill Michaels Mate, to lessin the confusion. So this way its easier and of corse if one mate dies the other is broken dead. So...over all it was easier*

Brandon dropped the pillow freaking out. He immidietly called the pack doctor.

"What happened?"

"He just died.....he...he died." Brandon broke down crying. (look the part they know nothing)

Cain came rushing in, looks to Brandon then his father, ran to his side, broke down.

"What was his last words?" Cain asked breathing heavly.

"His..last words..." Brandon gasped (still playing the part) "I take over the pack, and you would be my second in command my beta."

---------------------------------

Hello lovly pple...

Thinking of killing my story what do you think.

COMMENT VOTE.

love D