F o r t y

Kat's P.O.V

    I was currently sitting on the cold metal floor. Tears were staining my eyes as the thought of loosing Jack flooded my mind.

"I can't loose Jack." I said to myself

  Loosing Jack is not an option.

While wiping my tear stained face I started hearing gun shots.

    "Fuck Jack is here!" I yelled to myself.

    I attempted to jump up but immediately got pulled back. The restraints on my wrist caused my back to be slammed onto the the metal pole behind me.

    "Fuck." I muttered as I slowly got back up.

  I wasn't going to give up.

I heard two more gun shots and I started to get anxiety.

My hands starting shaking and I couldn't even hold on to the heavy shackles because of how rapidly my hands were shaking.

   I took a deep breath and tried to calm my breathing.

    "He's not going to die, I'm not going to let that happen." I convinced myself.

   I squeezed my eyes shut and let a tear fall.

    "He's not going to die, I'm not going to let that happen." I repeated.

   "He's not going to die, I'm not going to let that happen." I breathed out.

  More bullets were being shot, and I immediately wiped my tears away in determination to get out.

  I took another deep breath and looked around analyzing the room.

    I squinted my eyes and noticed to door was slightly open.

   "How the fuck is it open Shawn slammed it shut?" I asked myself.

I then remembered the door bouncing back open because of a piece of foam slightly sitting in between the doorframe preventing it from closing.

     "But how am I gonna get there?"

I looked down at the chains that were attached to my wrist and then noticed that they weren't even locked. They were still open but slightly.

   I carefully shoved my thumb into the lock in attempt to apply pressure in order to get it to open up more.

  My acrylic nail popped off taking my actual nail off with it. I screamed out as a tremendous amount of pain shot through my hand.

     "FUCK!" I squealed as I watched blood seep out of my finger.

I placed my thumb in my mouth and sucked away all the blood on my finger, and then tried to loosen the lock once again.

Another tear streamed down my face as I placed my throbbing thumb into the lock once again.

After applying enough pressure the lock opened up enough for me to slide my wrist through.