Red Rum

Warm, sticky when wet, and the smell of copper and Iron consumed my senses all at once.

The village was drowning and I was the cause.

They begged and pleaded with me but I was hurt by their betrayal too badly.

I struck them all down.

I was death's instrument.

I delivered every killing blow with my Reaper's Scythe.

And no man was spared. No woman was left with their spouse alive. No children had a father after that day.

That day was the day I had found the persons in the village that turned on my mother.

Men jealous of my father for bedding her. Jealous of the wonderful family we had until he was gone.

The phrase "if I can't have you then nobody can" vaguely comes to mind. 

I knew there had always been a reason our house had been specifically built on a stream. Plenty of water nearby to protect our home. 

Almost everyone had died Including myself. And when I was done purging the village of its men, I warned the boys. Those old enough to know what I had done. 

They, who would no doubt hunt me as I hunt my own father.

I left that night. As the entire village wept for its massive dead. A huge fire was lit in the center and son's burned their fathers corpses. 

No one noticed when I left. No one.

I doubt they would forget me though