Chapter Eleven

Thea stood up and watched what was going on. She turned to go back to the cell where she could get a weapon to help. As she neared, her eyes widened upon seeing Ulric standing there. She froze.

Ulric finally came to a decision. He looked at Thea, "Get in your cell." He ordered.

A forced laugh escaped her lips, "Um...no."

Ulric frowned, "If you get in your cell you won't be hurt...as much." He added the last part softer.

Thea smirked, "Not gonna happen. Just go away and I won't hurt you." She challenged foolishly.

"Ha!" Ulric laughed, and unsheathed his sword, "Get in your cell and I won't hurt you." Thea looked nervously at the blade, only now realizing it was stupid to leave Nikandros and come back here. Instead of approaching Ulric, she turned around and started to run back the way she came. Ulric started running after her.

Nikandros stared sheepishly at the ground. "Um..." He couldn't think of any good excuses. Unknown to him though, his stab wound was bleeding heavily, and he wasn't covering it. He struggled to not scream from the pain of his ribs.

The guard looked at him strangely, "What's that on your clothes?" He pointed to the blood seeping out of Nikandros' side.

Nikandros glanced down and his eyes widened, he kicked himself for being so careless, "Oh, it's nothing." He crossed his arms and covered the wound.

The guard gave him another strange look, but didn't mention it anymore. He glanced over to where Thea had been and scowled, "Look what you did! That little piece of trash got away!" He headed down the hall in search of her. Nikandros swallowed and followed the guard, trying to find Thea. A loud stomping echoed through the hall and Thea came running towards them. She managed to stop just before running into the guard. Her eyes were filled with fear. She backed away a few paces from the guard.

Nikandros tackled the guard from behind and struggled to pin him to the ground. "Knock him out." Nikandros said through gritted teeth. Thea nodded, thinking quickly, and slammed her fist into his face. He grunted and kept struggling, the punch hardly fazed him. "Again!" Nikandros urged.

Ulric ran after Thea and stopped when he saw Thea and Nikandros. "Let him go." He ordered in a firm voice. Nikandros stared at Ulric solemnly.

Thea grabbed the guard's neck and looked at Ulric, "Put down your weapon or I'll kill your guard." She snapped.

Ulric glared at Thea and reluctantly laid his sword on the ground. "Guards!" He yelled.

"Quiet!" She shouted and tightened her grip on the struggling man, "Kick the sword over here." Angrily, Ulric kicked the sword over.

Thea gestured to the sword, "Nikandros, I've got this guy. Pick up the sword and subdue our precious prince."

Nikandros shot Thea a glance. He glanced down at his wounds, "Maybe you should take the prince." He said in a low tone.

"Okay then." She picked up the sword and let Nikandros hold onto the now unconscious guard. She slightly limped over to Ulric, "Give me your belt." She commanded.

Ulric raised an eyebrow, "Um, why?"

"No questions." She answered curtly, "Just do it." Nikandros tightened his grip on the guard's neck to reenforce Thea's statement.

Ulric rolled his eyes and handed Thea the belt. "Put your hands together and hold them out." She continued.

Ulric sighed, "This is ridiculous..." He muttered to himself, but he stuck his hands out.

Thea swiftly and roughly bound his hands together and pushed him back towards the dungeon. "Get walking." With Ulric's back turned, she motioned for Nikandros to come over with the sword. Nikandros nodded and stood up, biting back a groan as his legs shot up with pain.

When they made it back to the dungeon area, Thea shoved Ulric into her cell. She chained him to the wall with the bloody chains that had been first used against her. Then, she stepped back to admire her work. "So, now the tables are turned." She smirked, "I must admit, I was a little surprised that you gave up so easily."

"I am not so cruel as to let my own men be killed." Ulric said with dignity.

Thea shrugged, "Okay..." She glanced at Nikandros, "I guess now we can finish our mission..."

"Oh, that's right..." Nikandros rubbed his chin absently, "I forgot that he was our mission. Well, I think we should just get out of here..." He said thoughtfully.

"But how can we go back and admit to that? Master would not be very happy..." Thea considered.

"Well, whatever you're going to do, do it quickly, we need to get out of here."

Thea bit her lip, "Um..." She frowned and brought the sword to Ulric's neck, "It's...now or never..." Ulric tensed when the tip of the sword touched his neck.

Nikandros shrugged, "Just hurry and do something."

"I..." Thea's arm started to shake. "Nik...c-can-" She looked at Ulric and started to see black dots. The world began to sway and move to her as she started to shake.

Nikandros rushed over to Thea. "It's alright." He soothed, "Let's just go." Thea nodded and lowered the sword.

No sooner had she lowered the sword when numerous guards swarmed into the dungeon area, cornering the assassins. Fendrel stepped forward, "Lower the sword, scum." He growled.

"Get behind me." Nikandros said softly to Thea. Without waiting for her, he ripped the sword out of her hands and pointed it at Ulric's neck. "Come any closer," he announced, "and he dies."

Fendrel's eyes widened at the sight of his prince in irons. He faltered, "I...what do you want?" He ground out.

"I want free passage to leave." Nikandros ordered.

"That's not possible." Fendrel shook his head, "Lower your sword and we will let you live."

"You wish to kill your prince?" Nikandros raised an eyebrow. "Thea," he added in a low tone so only she could hear, "Get behind me."

Thea had recovered from her dizzy spell and shook her head, "No. I don't need you to protect me." She stood firmly beside Nikandros.

"He'll try to threaten you."

"I can handle myself." She insisted.

Fendrel raised his hand up towards the assassins, "Look, why don't we make a deal? You don't want to do that."

"How about I make the deal. All of you drop your weapons." Nikandros suggested with a definite tone. He knew he had the upper hand. "Thea, if they get the chance they will threaten you to make me release Ulric! Please get behind me." He whispered urgently.

"Stop babying me!" She whispered harshly.

Fendrel nodded very slowly, "Okay..." He carefully unsheathed his sword and started to lower it to the ground. Right before the metal clanked on the ground, Fendrel raised it back up and threw it with deadly accuracy towards Nikandros. It hit accurately right on his hand, knocking Nikandros' sword to the ground.

"Thea!" Nikandros cried, hoping she would know to get the sword back up to Ulric's neck.

Thea reached down for the sword.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Fendrel informed her.

Merry Christmas Everyone! Here is your gift, a wonderful little cliffie!! Heehee...enjoy/:)

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris
(BananaBam03 )

Writers:
Degore: Ithildae
Ulric: Evara
Xene: Aris
Thea: Ithildae
Nikandros: Evara
Fendrel: Ithildae
Guards: Ithildae and Evara