Chapter Fifty-Four

The assassins stayed the next week in Minas Tirith, recovering and gaining strength. Ulric was on the throne, justly judging the people of Gondor even though his father's fate had yet to be determined.

A knock sounded on Xene's door. She opened it and saw Ulric standing there.

"Ulric!" She cried and embraced him whole-heartedly. "Come in and make yourself comfortable." She led Ulric into the room.

Ulric smiled, "Thanks." He turned to face Xene, "Xene, I just, well," he began awkwardly, before he stopped and started over, "I love you, Xene." He said simply, and got down on one knee, "Will you marry me?" He asked, pulling out a beautiful silver ring adorned with delicate rubies.

"Yes!" She squealed. Ulric stood, beaming, just in time as Xene grabbed him and hugged him tight, then stepped back and grinned. Ulric held her hand and slipped the beautiful ring on.

Xene slipped her slim hand in Ulric's rough hand and squeezed it. "When do you want the wedding?" She asked, barely containing her excitement.

"Well," Ulric scratched the back of his neck, "I hadn't thought that far. I was just hoping you'd say yes."

Xene giggled, then asked a little more seriously, "Did you really pardon the assassins?"

Ulric nodded.

"And they are your friends now?" she asked.

"Yes." Ulric said simply.

"Well then, any friends of yours are also friends of mine." She hugged him again, not wanting to let go.

Several hallways away, Nikandros and Thea were in their room, having quite the conversation.

"Nik...ssstop..." Thea gasped, laughing so hard her sides hurt as he tickled her.

Nikandros laughed, "Are you sure?" He asked playfully, not stopping.

"I...c-can't take...it!" She shrieked, trying to get away, a huge grinned plastered across her face.

Nikandros stopped for a moment, then resumed tickling her, "I think you can." He teased, winking.

She grabbed at his hands, but he was too strong, "T-this is...unfair! S-stop!" She demanded, hardly able to get a word in because she was laughing so hard.

Nikandros grinned, stopping. He planted a kiss on her lips, "Love you."

She pushed his head away, breaking the kiss, "Yah...sure." She grinned.

Nikandros sighed contentedly and lay back on the bed. "We're really safe, Thea."

Thea sighed too and plopped down on top of Nikandros, "Mm hmm." She agreed.

"It's a nice feeling." Nikandros started to rub Thea's back.

Thea nestled further into his chest, savoring the peace and quiet.

"You know what?" She asked, but didn't wait for him to answer before continuing, "Even though we have been through so much, I wouldn't change a single thing because then we wouldn't have ended up here. Together."

Nikandros was quiet for a moment, then he kissed the top of her head, "I think you're exactly right."

~The End~

As we say in English, short but sweet :D And it really was...such a cuuuute chapter!!! Vote if you agree ;)

Also, there is just ONE chapter left in this book! Just the epilogue coming which is also full (stuffed) of feels! ahdjfkagdjshshfjshshsdh!!!!!!

Heeeheee...

Then there will be a author's note after that and then it will be DONE :O

So don't forget to vote while you can! Thanks lovelies!

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris

Writers:
Thea--Ithildae
Nikandros--Evara
Xene--Aris
Ulric--Evara