Chapter Thirty-Six

Thea and Nikandros rode on through the day, headed towards Mirkwood. At nightfall, they took a quick break and set off again, this time at a slower pace so that the horse would not be injured in the dark.

After two agonizing days, they entered the Mirkwood forest. Instantly, they were surrounded by elves wielding bows.

A blond haired elf stepped forward, holding his own bow towards them, "Who are you and what are you doing in Mirkwood?" He demanded.

Nikandros spoke, "I seek healing from the elves. Please," he begged, "My wife needs help."

The elf narrowed his eyes, "How can we be sure you are not lying or have ulterior motives?"

Nikandros shook his head, "Please." He whispered, "She doesn't have long left."

A red-haired female elf with a carved bow stepped out, "If you come into The Halls of Thranduil, you may not be able to leave." She warned.

"Just heal her..."

The elf turned to the blonde elf, "Legolas, let them come. They know now that they may not be able to leave."

He sighed, "Very well, but bind his hands." Legolas pointed toward Nikandros. Then, he called one of the archers near his side, "Carry the girl." He instructed.

"Yes, my lord." He walked over and gently picked Thea off of the horse, before carrying her. "My lord. Should I take her straight to the healers, for she is very light..."

"Yes!" Nikandros burst out angrily, "Take her now." The archer calmly looked at Legolas, waiting for his orders.

Legolas glared at Nikandros for a split second before putting his impassive expression back on, "Yes. She does not seem to be coherent anyway."

At this, Thea began coughing again, covering herself and the guard in blood.

"She has internal bleeding!" Nikandros exclaimed, "Please hurry. I don't know how long she has left."

The archer just looked at Nikandros, then to the blonde elf. "Yes, my lord." Then started walking toward the Woodland Realm.

Another elf stepped forward and roughly pulled Nikandros' hands behind his back before tying them together with elven rope. The elf pushed him to walk as the rest of the groups headed deeper into the forest. Nikandros stumbled and barely regained his balance, trying to keep up with the fast walk of the elves.

When they made it to the Woodland Realm, Thea was rushed off to the healers.

When she saw that Nikandros and her were being separated, she cried out, "No! Please don't..." She couldn't finish, but hoped the elves understood.

Legolas shook his head, "No. He is coming with us."

"I...don't want to go w-with...them." She whispered, her eyes pleading with him.

Nikandros looked at Legolas, "May I stay?" He asked pleadingly.

Legolas shook his head, "You will see each other soon enough." He resolved, "Take her away. Quickly." Then, Nikandros, the other elves, and himself headed deeper into the realm.

Finally, Legolas pushed Nikandros down on his knees before an enormous throne and spoke, "Adar, we found this human and another girl at the edge of the forest. They were asking for our help. The girl is not well."

"I see. Well now. What is your business in the forest?" King Thranduil uncrossed his legs, stood up, and walked down toward Nikandros. His cold eyes seemed to bore into Nikandros' soul.

"My wife needs healing." Nikandros said simply, meeting Thranduil's gaze.

Thranduil raised an eyebrow. "Is that so. How did you know where to find us?" The king questioned.

"We had a map..."

"Who gave it to you?" Thranduil asked harshly.

"An old hermit who helped us."

"What was his name?" The King stood in front of Nikandros, looking down at him with his blue, icy eyes.

"Rolfe." Nikandros answered, "May I go now and see my wife?" He asked anxiously.

"One last question. What is your name and your wife's name?

"Matthew and...Jamie." Nikandros lied, not knowing if the elves were completely trustworthy.

Thranduil just looked at him. "Alright then. Legolas, put him in the dungeon. Then ask the cook to give him some food." Thranduil said. "I'm going to talk to the girl."

"Please, I need to see her!" Nikandros begged.

"You will see her after I talk to her." Thranduil said sharply. Then, in a kinder tone, he said, "Now please take him to the dungeons.

"No!" Nikandros exclaimed, "I need to see if she's alright!"

"I can assure you that she is fine! Legolas, take him away now!" With that, Thranduil walked out of the room, leaving Legolas and Nikandros alone.

"Please..." Nikandros begged.

Legolas ignored him and hauled him up. "Let's go." He shoved Nikandros forward. Nikandros stumbled and fell.

Legolas sighed and pulled Nikandros back up, "Come on now. Down this way." He led Nikandros lower into the realm, towards the dungeons. Nikandros stumbled along the paths. His wounds had once more begun to hurt as a result of the ride here and the rough treatment. A few of the wounds had begun to bleed again, staining his already torn clothes red.

Legolas' keen eyes noticed the blood and he halted Nikandros, "You are injured. Why did you not say so?"

Nikandros shrugged slightly, "My wife is the one mainly injured. My wounds are trivial." He said simply.

"Very well." Legolas dismissed it and continued walking.

At the elven dungeons, Legolas pushed Nikandros into a cell and locked it before leaving.

He came back a few minutes later with a plate of food and gave it to Nikandros before leaving him all alone.

Here is a little longer one for y'all! And we finally got to bring in the elves!!! Woohoo! Leggy and his Ada! (Daddy in elvish) heehee...look below to see who wrote for who!

And don't forget to vote, comment, or follow!!! Thanks everyone!

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris

Writers:
Nikandros: Evara
Thea: Ithildae
Thranduil: Aris
Legolas: Ithildae
Tauriel: Evara
Random elves: Evara and Ithildae