Epilogue

**Three Years Later**

"Nik! Dinner's ready!" Thea shouted out the door, wiping her wet hands on her leggings. She didn't wait for a response and headed back inside.

As she leaned over a boiling pot over a fire, a familiar cry reached her ears.

With a sigh, Thea hurried into the adjoining bedroom, and towards two cribs, a slight limp in her walk. Her foot had never quite healed fully and she still had a mild limp, but other than that, it gave her no trouble.

Thea smiled lovingly as she looked down upon a little infant crying and squirming in her bed. Gently, Thea lifted the baby into her arms, rocking her back and forth as she spoke comfortingly to her, "Shh, little one. Momma's here. It's okay, Ella." She soothed and glanced over into the other crib where another infant slept peacefully. "Why don't you go back to sleep like your twin brother, Ella?" Thea kissed Ella on her smooth forehead, "Niall is so much quieter than you, little one." She said with a sigh.

Nikandros snuck up behind her, tapping her on the shoulder, "That he is." He whispered, trying not to wake Niall.

Thea jumped slightly and clutched Ella to her chest. She turned around to Nikandros and frowned, "Well hello there." She said, an eyebrow raised.

Nikandros smiled, "Hello," He kissed her forehead, and then looked down at Ella, stroking the baby girl's head, "Someone couldn't sleep." He commented.

"Yes, and someone else is starting to get peeved because of it." Thea responded, smiling the whole time as she rocked the baby girl. Ella slowly calmed down and stared at Thea's face, wide eyed. "Come on now," Thea whispered, "Sleep, darling." Nikandros wrapped an arm around Thea, watching his daughter begin to fall asleep.

At last, Little Ella closed her eyes and fell asleep. Gently, Thea lowered her back down into her crib.

The couple quietly snuck out of the bedroom before Nikandros closed the door behind them.

Nikandros draped an arm around Thea, pulling her close, "How are you?" He kept his voice soft to not wake the children.

Thea sighed and leaned into him, "A little tired." She admitted. Then she pulled away and walked over to the fire. "Why don't you sit down. Dinner is ready." She said as she pulled the pot off of the stove and brought it over to their small table. Nikandros seated himself at the table.

Thea brought over the soup pot, a slight limp in her step. She laid it down upon the table with a faint thump and seated herself beside Nikandros.

Nikandros smiled at her, remembering how much they had been through together, and how they had finally made a home together. They had survived everything and had healed. The only thing that was left of their journey were the many scars across their body. Those scars remained, but they didn't hurt. They were simply a reminder of what lessons had been learned.

And that, my friends, is officially the END of Against all Odds...

There will be a authors' note following this chapter for all the characters we wrote for all that stuff. :-)

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris

Writers:
Thea--Ithildae
Nikandros--Evara
Ella--Ithildae
Niall--Itildae and Evara