Chapter Twenty-Six

Hammond jumped up and unsheathed his sword, realizing it was the king's men.

Nikandros opened his eyes suddenly and saw the soldiers. Turning quietly to Thea, he whispered, "Run. I'll catch up with you."

She nodded and hurried into the forest without question.

Nikandros backed slowly towards the forest until he was close enough to it, then slipped into the forest. Keeping close to the camp, but not too close, he listened to what the soldiers had to say.

Fendrel, the one keeping Sameil captive, pushed him up to Hammond. "Put down your weapons."

Sameil struggled to get free from Fendrel's strong grasp.

Hammond scowled, "Why? We haven't done anything wrong."

"We know who you are. We have been looking for you a long time, Gondorion rebels." Fendrel spat, "The king will be very pleased to know we found you."

Just then, a loud scream reached the clearing. Seconds later Thea was dragged into the clearing by a large, burly man. He slammed his foot into her stomach as she struggled and he pulled her up before Fendrel, "Sir, I found this girl running away from this camp."

"No!" Nikandros whispered, he stepped back into the camp and made his way to Thea, "Let her go."

Fendrel looked surprised, "Well, well, well...the escaped assassins! What a surprise! The king will really be pleased." He tightened his grip on Sameil. "Everyone comply or I will kill this man."

Hammond lowered his sword and threw it to the ground, his men following his example. Nikandros raised his hands in the air to show he had no weapons.

"Bind their hands."

The men made quick work and in hardly any time, the rebels were all bound. Fendrel walked through the men that were forced to their knees, hands leisurely behind his back. He stopped in front of Ulric, eyes wide, "My prince? What are you doing here?"

"It's none of your business." Ulric snapped back.

"The king has sent men to search for you! He is very angry." Fendrel informed. "But I'm glad we found you. He will probably be so happy he will promote me!" He puffed out his chest, pridefully.

A choking sound interrupted Fendrel. He turned to see Thea leaning over, coughing and gasping for breathe. She vomited on the ground, displaying the contents of her stomach mixed with a dangerous amount of blood and further dirtying her white dress.

"Thea!" Nikandros cried out, "Please," he begged Fendrel, "Please let her go. Take me back to the king and let her go."

Fendrel frowned, "I'm afraid I can't do that. I have orders."

Tears started to fall from Nikandros' eyes, and he moved closer to Thea, "Oh, Thea." He whispered.

Ulric cleared his throat, "And Fendrel, I might as well tell you this now, the king wants to put me in prison. So he may not be in the happiest mood." Ulric shrugged, "I wouldn't count on the promotion."

Thea was leaning over, hands still bound behind her back, reduced to heaving. Tears streamed down her cheeks, "I-I can't...breath..." She gasped.

"Untie me!" Nikandros exclaimed, "She needs help!"

Fendrel ignored Nikandros and walked over to Thea. He cut her bonds and laid her on her back, trying to open her airway. "Take a deep breathe." He instructed.

"Thea," Nikandros urged, tears coming freely down his cheeks, "please try to breathe."

Thea slowly closed her eyes, slipping into unconsciousness. Her face took on a pale color, her lips slightly blue.

Fendrel sighed, "Come on." He looked up at Nikandros, "Get over here." Nikandros stood awkwardly with his hands tied and walked over hurriedly. Fendrel cut the ropes on his hands, "Go ahead and help her, but no funny business. Understand?"

Nikandros nodded, before opening her mouth and plugging her nose. He pressed his mouth down upon hers and began mouth to mouth resuscitation, trying to get her to breathe.

CLIFF HANGER ALERT!

Heehee...sorry guys but I couldn't resist:)) have no fear however! I will post the next chapter soon! Hopefully...

Anyways, right now I would love it if you could spread some love around! Thanks guys!

Ithildae, Aris, and Evara BananaBam03

Writers:
Sameil: Ithildae
Hammond: Ithildae
Nikandros: Evara
Thea: Ithildae
Fendrel: Ithildae
Ulric: Evara
Random guards: Evara and Ithildae