Chapter Thirty-Nine

The next morning came quickly and for those in the healing room, it had been a long night. Thea had not given up on trying to see her husband and eventually, the elves had to give her sleeping herbs to silence her. As a result, they were all a bit frazzled.

Back in the throne room, Legolas had diligently come in the morning to help his father with their human guests. He stood there patiently waiting for his orders.

Thranduil looked at Legolas and said, "Legolas, I want you to come with me to the healers. I want to see how the girl is healing." Thranduil stood up and walked down toward his son. "Let us go." With that, Thranduil and Legolas walked toward the healing room.

When they arrived, they walked over to where Thea was resting. She had her eyes closed, but opened them when Legolas and Thranduil approached. She watched them warily.

Thranduil turned to Legolas. "You stay with her while I go talk to the head healer. I will be right back." Thranduil then walked off to find the healer.

The healer was just finishing up with another patient when he found her. She bowed, "My lord, what may I do for you?"

"I want to know if the girl needs a few more days, or if she is healthy enough to go to a locked room." Thranduil replied. "I heard that you were having some trouble with her."

"Well, she wouldn't let us touch her stomach. So I had no choice but to just take care of her other wounds. Actually, My Lord, I was going to ask your permission to perform a procedure to remove the excess blood in her body. She didn't want me to do anything to her so I didn't know what to do." The healer explained.

Thranduil sighed. "I was hoping to get her out of here, but I see that it's impossible. I give you permission to do whatever you need to do to get her healthy. I will make her agree to let you do it. If not, do it anyway. I don't care how you do it. I'll go talk to her now and hopefully make her agree. Come with me."

Thranduil then walked over to where Legolas and Thea were, the healer following. He addressed Thea, "My healer is going to preform a procedure on you which will remove the excess blood in your stomach. If you want, she can put you out for it."

"Let me see my husband!" Thea demanded.

"No. You will go through the procedure, then we will talk about you possibly seeing your husband. But until my healer performs the procedure, you won't be seeing your husband." Thranduil said icily. "If you don't have the procedure, you will never see your husband again, because of my orders or...you will be dead. The other option is that you can have the procedure preformed and possibly see your husband again. Your choice."

Thea pulled on the ties holding her down, "Please let me see him! Please...I want to make sure he's okay." She begged.

Legolas cut in, "Ada, just let her see him. She is obviously not well and perhaps he may convince her to let us do the procedure."

"No. She may not see him until she performs the surgery." He then addressed the healer, who was behind him, "If I leave, and she hasn't agreed to do it, I will have you do it anyway. She is running out of time."

"Father, please. It wouldn't be right to force her." Legolas tried to reason.

"I'm sorry, Legolas, but if she wants to live, she is going to do it today." Thranduil then looked at Thea. "Are going to do it the easy way, or the hard way? We are going to do it either way. What will it be?" He asked, then added coldly, "Your not going to see your husband again until you do it."

Thea's lip quivered and she looked away, "Fine." She muttered.

Legolas sighed, but didn't say anything.

Thranduil nodded to the healer who was behind him. "Go ahead and do it. If she gives you any trouble send someone to get me." Thranduil then walked out of the healers' house, and headed towards the dungeons, where Nikandros was.

The healer nodded and turned to Thea, "I'm sorry, Miss, but I must do what my lord commands." She said with sympathy in her eyes. Gently, she began prepping Thea for the procedure.

Legolas stepped away and walked after his father. "Adar, why are you acting this way?" He asked when he caught up to Thranduil.

Thranduil sighed. "They lied to us, Legolas. She deserves this. Plus they are both assassins, and I don't trust them." He then continued walking away.

"Can you not see they have been through much?" Legolas quickened his pace to keep up with the king.

Thranduil kept walking but replied, "I can imagine what they've been through, but I feel no pity for them." Legolas sighed, stopped in his tracks, and folded his hands. He watched his father disappear quickly through the many halls.

Here's a bit longer of a chapter to make up for the last chapter:) Love y'all!

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris

Writers:
Thea-Ithildae
Thranduil-Aris
Legolas-Ithildae
Healer-Ithildae