Chapter Twenty-Nine

When they were out of sight, she turned back to her husband, "What do we do now?"

"We go to the village and rest." Nikandros said promptly, "And I'm carrying you the rest of the way." He grinned and picked up his wife, despite her protests. Although, she quickly gave up and folded her arms, refusing to look at him.

"Thea be reasonable!" Nikandros exclaimed.

When he got no response he smiled and whispered, "I love you." And kissed her on the cheek tenderly. She wiped her cheek, staying silent. Nikandros sighed and resignedly started walking towards the village.

"If you are going to be stubborn then so can I. No kisses for you until you put me down." Thea firmly decided.

Nikandros laughed, "I guess I'll have to wait until we're in the village to kiss my wife then." He planted another kiss on her cheek.

Thea fumed, "Or how about this, I won't kiss you ever again unless you put me down." She stated.

"Thea, you're too weak to walk on your own." Nikandros said firmly.

"I can walk. Promise." She answered softly, "I just don't want to cause you pain and don't deny it because I know I am."

"Your pain is worse than mine. Besides, we are almost at the village." Nikandros said.

"Pleasssse..." She begged.

"Nooooooo." Nikandros mimicked Thea's tone. He smiled mischievously.

Thea pouted, "It's not funny." Nikandros grinned and kept walking.

After a short walk, the village came into view.

"We're there." Nikandros sighed in relief. Despite his protest to Thea that he was okay, his legs were aching.

"Okay, so put me down."

"Fine." Gently, Nikandros set Thea down on the ground, "We'll see if we can get a room for really cheap."

"Thank you." Thea answered, somewhat grumpily. "Do you have any money left? I don't have any..."

"I have a few coins." Nikandros said uncertainly.

"Well let's see what we can get then."

Woah ho...yes I'm aware that this chapter is freakishly tiny and small. Sorry about that...ill try to publish the next one in a bit to make up for it.

But I hope you enjoyed!!!

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris

Writers:
Nikandros: Evara
Thea: Ithildae