Chapter Twelve

Thea looked up to see three loaded bows pointing towards her and Nikandros. The guards had certainly wasted no time in taking over the situation.

Nikandros crumpled to the ground and quickly took the sword out of his hand. Quietly, he slipped the keys into his boot, and before the guards could do anything, he stabbed Ulric in the leg. "How does that feel?" He ground out, and then slipped into partial unconsciousness.

Ulric uttered a short cry as the sword dug into his flesh. It burned like fire and it was all he could do to not scream.

Fendrel's eyes widened and he hurried over to the prisoners. After placing a well deserved kick in the ribs to Nikandros, Fendrel ordered the guards, "Bind her tightly. Now!" He proclaimed. Nikandros cried in pain as the kick landed on his broken ribs. He curled up into a tight ball, trying to block the pain, not completely unconscious.

They hauled up the weak girl and tied her hands together tightly. Fendrel turned his attention to Ulric, "My lord, this will hurt, but I must pull out the sword." Ulric stared at Nikandros, surprised. Then he gritted his teeth and nodded to Fendrel, giving his consent. With a quick yank the sword was removed.

Thea pulled, trying to get away from the guards. She scowled and kicked one of the guards. He retaliated and punched her in the stomach. She cried out and bent over in pain.

"Leave them alone." Ulric ordered, "Just lock them in their cells."

Thea smiled sarcastically at the prince, "That's right...lock us away so we can't cause any more harm." She baited.

"Yes." Ulric smiled without humor, "You will be locked up, this time more heavily. And you will never be free again, unless in death."

Thea kept her dismay hidden well and kept her face devoid of emotion, "Go ahead. It will never work. Not with all your bumbling guards here. We will escape, Princey."

"Sure," Ulric waved his hand dissmissively, "Sure you will."

Fendrel frowned, "My lord, may I?" He gestured to Thea, annoyed.

Ulric nodded briskly, and smiled at Thea. He was getting annoyed at this haughty girl. "Not too much." He reminded Fendrel.

Fendrel laughed a little, "Yes, sir."

Ulric nodded. He waved a guard over, "Help me to my room please." The guard nodded, unlocked Ulric's hands, and supported the prince with his shoulder.

Thea's eyes widened at the exchange. Her heart began to pound in fear as Fendrel approached her. He rubbed his knuckles before slamming them into her face. She would have fallen down had some guards not been holding her up. Thea sagged in their arms, blood pouring out of her nose. Fendrel just smirked, "Maybe that will teach you to watch your mouth." He hit her again, not giving her a chance to respond.

For the next few minutes, it continued in this way. Finally, Fendrel stepped back and took a deep breath. Thea's face was a bloody mess. Amazingly, she was still conscious.

Ulric limped away, supported by the guard. He grimaced in pain every time he put weight on his injured leg.

The guard glanced back to the cell where numerous cries of pain were heard. He flinched slightly, "Sorry, my lord..." He apologized.

"It's alright." Ulric smiled weakly.

Thea breathed heavily, willing herself to fall unconscious. She couldn't see through the haze of blood, but she hoped Nikandros was alright. She spit, clearing her mouth, "Is that all you've got?" She ground out painfully, not knowing when to shut up.

Fendrel smirked, "Not even close." He hit her again, this time sending her unconscious. "Take her away." He ordered. The two guards holding her dragged Thea out of the cell and down the hall.

Hearing some noise, the guard helping Ulric paused. He turned back as the guards dragged Thea toward them. The guard frowned at the sight of her limp body.

Ulric furrowed his brow, "Fendrel?" He questioned.

Fendrel walked out of the prison upon hearing the prince, "Yes, sir?"

"That was extreme." He gestured at Thea.

Fendrel shrugged, "She deserved it...Sir."

Ulric raised an eyebrow, "Maybe so, but we want them in semi-good condition." He winced as he accidentally put weight on his injured leg.

"Well I think it's a little late for that." Federal wiped his bloody hands on his pants and watched as Thea was dragged out of sight. "She's got a smart mouth for sure."

"A lesson for next time, Captain." Ulric warned. He grinned, "And aye, she does have that."

"Am I dismissed, my prince?" Fendrel waited expectantly.

"Yes." Ulric moved to leave, leaning heavily on the soldier's shoulder. Fendrel left with a short bow. The soldier helped Ulric back to his room with little trouble.

Oh boy...poor Thea and Nikandros! It just keeps getting worse. Well here's some good news, the whole story won't be like this...well it might have more sad things though. I can't promise anything. Heehee:)

Anyways, please vote, comment, and follow! Thank you all and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris
(BananaBam03 )

Writers:
Ulric: Evara
Thea: Ithildae
Nikandros: Evara
Fendrel: Ithildae
Guards: Ithildae and Evara