Chapter Thirty-Five

Rolfe sighed, wishing the couple luck before he turned around and headed back to the house. He stepped inside and shut the door.

"I assume you were seeing someone off." a voice from behind him said darkly. Rolfe turned around quickly. There, sitting at the table acting calm and collected, sat the master with his ever present sword at his side.

Rolfe swallowed past the lump in his throat. "What do you want?" He asked, trying to contain his fear.

The master looked at him calmly, but Rolfe could see the anger in his eyes, "Who did you see off?" The master asked.

Rolfe nervously fingered the hilt of his knife, which was buckled around his waist. "I, uh...was just...uh, saying goodbye to some friends who had decided to visit me."

The master raised an eyebrow, the anger still evident in his eyes and questioned, "Who were they?"

"Umm, their names were Matthew and...uh, Jamie."

The anger flashed uncontrolled through the masters'eyes, "Don't lie to me, Rolfe. I know who they are, and they are indebted to me." He then stood up and strode over to where Rolfe was standing. The master pulled out his sword and plunged it in Rolfe's chest, in between his ribs. Rolfe looked down, stunned. He looked at the master then collapsed to the floor.

The master glared at Rolfe's corpse, "Now my identity is a secret again." He pulled out the door from Rolfe's body and strode out the door to find Nikandros and Thea.

Here's just a really short chapter for Rolfe. So sorry for those of you who liked him...even the writer for Rolfe, Aris, was torn up over killing him...(:

Don't forget to vote, comment, or follow!

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris

Writers:
The Master: Aris
Rolfe: Aris