Chapter Thirty-Seven

At the healers, Thranduil was talking to the head healer, "Is the human awake?" he asked her.

The healer bowed, "Yes, my lord, but we had to restrain her because she wouldn't cooperate. She is resting over there." She pointed to a bed at the end of the healing room.

"Thank you." Thranduil then walked over to Thea and stood beside the bed.

Her face was wet with tears as she laid there with her eyes closed, quietly sobbing. Her hands and feet were strapped to the soft bed and she was dressed in a simple, cotton gown.

Thranduil just stood there looking her over. "I told your husband that he could see you after I talked with you. He wanted me to tell you that he trusts us. But I was curious, what is your name?" he asked.

Thea sniffled once and opened her eyes. She narrowed her eyes upon seeing his crown, "Just because you're a king here, doesn't mean I have to answer you." She snapped.

Thranduil sighed. "I tried to be nice to you, but what do I get? You rudely insult me!" Thranduil's before kind eyes became cold and harsh. "I will ask you this again, and you will answer me, or I won't let you see your husband until you do! What is your name?" he asked coldly, any sense of being a friend was gone.

She shrank back, startled, "I-I..." She stuttered, "It's...Thea."

Thranduil just about raised an eyebrow, then thought better of it. "And what is your husband's name?...You cannot hide anything from me." Thranduil said, resuming his cold voice.

"It's N-Nikandros."

"That is interesting. Thank you for your time." With that, Thranduil turned around and left. He headed straight for the throne room.

Once there, he took a seat on his throne, and commanded to one of the guards nearby, "Bring the prisoner to see his wife, and keep an ear open to hear what she calls him. Give them five minutes with each other, then take the boy back to his cell."

"Yes sir." Replied the guard.

He brought Nikandros up to see Thea and stood back, giving them some space.

Nikandros ran over to Thea and enveloped her in a hug, "Are you alright?" He asked, concerned.

Thea nodded slowly, a small smile gracing her lips, "I feel a little better, but they didn't really do anything." She explained, "They just gave me some tea to drink and treated some of my other wounds...I...I was scared at first so they had to tie me down. I-It brought back memories of-" she started to tear up.

"Shh..." Nikandros comforted her, kissing her once on the lips, "It's alright now. We can leave and find a permanent home somewhere else." He soothed. Suddenly, a thought struck him, "What did you say our names were?" He said in an undertone so the guard couldn't hear.

"What do you-" She stopped, understanding, "Oh...I told them the...truth. Why?"

Inwardly, Nikandros groaned, "Oh dear..." He muttered.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Well, I told them our names were Matthew and Jamie." Nikandros sighed quietly.

"Oh...I...I-"

The elf who had escorted Nikandros raised an eyebrow. Interesting, he thought. I should report this to Thranduil. He then addressed Nikandros. "Time to go." He walked over to Nikandros, and grabbed his arm. The elf then started to drag him away from Thea.

"No! Please let him stay! He just got here." Thea pleaded.

"I'm sorry, but I have to obey my lord." He continued to drag Nikandros until they got to the cell.

The elf then shoved him in, and walked off to tell Thranduil about what had happened.

Nikandros leaned his head against the bars, closed his eyes, and groaned. Then, he sat on the cold hard ground of his cell, wishing he could be with Thea.

Ai peeps!!! I hope this chapter was enjoyable for you! Aaah...poor Nik and Thea. Well hopefully it will get better for them!!! Don't forget to vote guys! Love you:)

Ithildae, Aris, and Evara BananaBam03

Writers:
Thea: Ithildae
Nikandros: Evara
Thranduil: Aris
Legolas: Ithildae
Tauriel: Evara
Healers: Ithildae
Random elves: Evara and Ithildae