Chapter Thirty-Eight

At the throne room, Thranduil granted an audience to the elf that had accompanied Nikandros to the healers.

"My lord," the elf said, "The girl was telling the truth. When she said that, the boy cursed under his breath." he explained to the king.

"Interesting. I will have to talk to the boy later. Thank you. You may go now." Thranduil just sat there thinking as the elf left.

Legolas came in moments later and bowed, "Father, what have you decided to do with our...guests?"

"I don't know yet, Legolas. I will think about it and let you know by tomorrow." Thranduil sighed.

Legolas nodded, "Understood." He glanced away for a second before looking back, "But...well the girl is acting...well..." He trailed off, unsure on how to finish.

"Is acting what, Legolas?" Thranduil inquired gently.

"She is not cooperating. She is screaming and crying for her husband, Father."

"Once she is better, I will put them in the same cell, but until then, I can't keep them both in the healing room." Thranduil rubbed his temples. "I will try to think of something, Legolas. I promise."

"And another thing. I believe they lied to us about their names. I cannot be sure, but the way the boy said it seemed to be fake in some way. Have you noticed anything suspicious?"

"Which set of names, Legolas? For I have two different accounts."

"You did? I only heard one. The boy told us their names were...I believe Mathew and Jamie." Legolas explained.

"Ah. Forgive me, Legolas. I forgot to tell you that those names are lies. The girl told me different names than the boy. The girl said their names were Nikandros and Thea. I believe they are the assassins who tried to kill the prince of Gondor killed, but failed. What do you think? Do you believe what I think?" Thranduil asked his son.

Legolas' eyes widened, "But they are so young, Father!" He shook his head in disbelief, "I shall never understand the ways of men, but you are wiser than me, Father. I believe you may be right, although that is unfortunate for them. What will you do?"

"I don't know yet. I will tell you what I plan to do tomorrow."

"Very well. Until then." Legolas bowed before exiting the room.

Howdy readers! Hear is another short chapter for my favorite readers!!!! I love you all and truly appreciate all your support:-) Don't forget to vote, comment, or follow! I might just follow back;)

Love you all!!!<3

Ithildae, Evara, and Aris

Thranduil-Aris
Legolas-Ithildae
Random elf-Evara