Chapter Twenty-Five

The wedding day came quickly, and Markis ran off to town to pick up the dress. Nikandros was setting up an area for the ceremony with Thea when Markis came over. Markis motioned Nikandros with his eyes, and walked away.

"I gotta take care of something. I'll be right back." Nikandros smiled at Thea, and walked towards Markis.

"Here's the dress, sir." Markis produced the dress from behind his back.

Nikandros grinned, "It's perfect. You can go." Markis nodded and jogged away. "Thea!" Nikandros called.

Thea looked over, "Yes, dear?"

Nikandros grinned to himself and hid the dress behind him, "Can you come here?"

"Sure." She came over, "What's going on? Is everything okay?"

"I have something for you." Taking the dress from out behind him, he showed it to Thea. "This is for you."

Thea's jaw dropped, "I...I don't know what to say? Honey, how did you get this?"

"Well, it was my idea. Hammond paid for it- as a wedding gift- and Markis ordered it and picked it up." He smiled, "Do you like it?"

"I love it!" She gushed. Thea felt the soft fabric between her fingertips, "It is so beautiful." She reached up and wiped and tear that dropped down her face.

"Go get changed!" Nikandros shooed, "I gotta check with Ulric to see if he's ready."

"Okay." Thea took the dress from her fiancée's hands and walked away, grinning brightly.

Nikandros grinned and went to find Ulric.

Ulric was standing around looking very nervous.

Nikandros walked up to him, "Ready?" He asked, smiling.

Ulric smiled a nervous smile, "I think so. I've never done this before, though."

Nikandros grinned, "You'll be fine." He patted Ulric on the back, "I'll see you soon." Nikandros turned away and walked back to the ceremony area. Getting back to work, Nikandros continued setting it up.

A minute later Thea hurried over, grinning from ear to ear. She stopped in front of Nikandros and did a half twirl, the simple white dress hanging gracefully off her form. The dress was beautiful. It was pure white and had a wide band of lace wrapped around the waist. The lace acted like a belt, and tightened the dress around Thea's waist. From the waist, it flowed gracefully to the ground and stopped there, with no train attached. The sleeves were the same fabric as the dress. They were short and uneven, flowing simply over Thea's shoulders. Nikandros caught his breath as he saw Thea in it, her hair flowing down her shoulders.

"You look amazing!" Nikandros smiled, tears filling his eyes. He wrapped his soon-to-be wife in his arms and smiled again.

She looked up at him, half laughing, half crying, "I feel so weird...and actually pretty!"

"You've always been pretty." Nikandros smiled, "Shall we get started?"

"I'm ready if you are." Thea took a shaky breath and smoothed out her dress. Nikandros withdrew from the embrace and offered his hand to Thea. She accepted it and walked with him to the wedding ceremony.

Ulric was standing in the center of the area. As he saw the assassins aproaching he walked over to them. "Should I call everyone?" Ulric asked.

Nikandros looked at Thea to see what she preferred. She shrugged, "Whatever you want, Dear."

Nikandros grinned, "Call them in. Thea, we need to get out of sight. When everyone is seated, then Ulric can announce us, and we can come out."

Ulric nodded. "Come on everyone!" He bellowed, "A wedding is being held!"