Teenage Years

Teenage Years ??

As kids our parents made choices and decisions for us, but when we enter into adolescence, hormones get the better of us and we no longer want our parents to dictate things to us. 

Teenage is a phase where we start learning about ourselves. When we start reflecting upon things. And when we begin to differentiate between the rights and wrongs.

This is the period where we want to live life according to our own rules. 

Where we want to make our own choices and learn from our own mistakes. 

During this time, we find ourselves. We choose to become what kind of a person we want to be. 

And during this time our head gets filled with soooo many questions about sooo many things, one of which is about God....

-Why are there sooo many religions?

-When there are soo many religions, then why cant i choose which one i want to?

-Why do i have to follow what my parents do?

-I am a free individual, am i not? 

Then WHY AM I BEING FORCED INTO THE RELIGION OF MY FOREFATHERS??

And the biggest question of all

-Which religion is right?? Arent all almost the same??

Let me tell you that 

.Its our right to know about every religion.  

.Its our right to choose what religion we want to follow. 

.We were born alone and we will die alone.  

.Neither can our forefathers nor there false religion ( that is if there religion was after all false ) can save us. 

.We are responsible for our own choices. 

.So we HAVE the right to CHOOSE.

Over here am not telling you to go and renounce whatever religion you feel like is the true one.  

What am saying is that our parents are not our enemies ( unfortunately some teens dont want to agree with that ).

Our parents went through many hardships to raise us, to give us a better future, to make us who we are.  

Unfortunately teenage is the time when we forget all the pampering, all the warm words, all the good things our parents did for us, because what we remember or what we choose to remember is all bad. Hurtful words, raised hands, constant fights and what not.

It becomes second natured to us to contradict every word our parents say. 

Like once i was really hungry, i was going to go eat something when my mom said, ' u havent eaten in a while dinner is ready, go have it. ' And you know what i did? I said, ' nah not hungry, dont feel like eating. '  

( And just a few mins back i knew i could starve to death )

Wasnt there my loss in that?? Did my Mom gain anything out from that ??  

No right. Exactly my point.

Our parents want the best for us thats it. When they force you into some religion, why not take a look at it?  

I mean what can possibly go wrong, in just taking a look? 

What can go wrong in finding out if what they are forcing on you is the true religion or not?

If it is the true religion you would be the most luckiest person in the world. But if it isnt then its a different story.

Change your religion. Follow your heart. But first learn to differentiate between right and wrong.

Begin by learning ur families religion. If you find mistakes in it then search for a religion which you find true. 

Learn to listen and understand before you wish to fight and plunder.  

Because one wrong decision may cost you Heaven.

Is that a risk you are willing to take?

Satan loves to mislead the teenage souls. Because the teenagers are in conflict with not only their parents and the world but also with themselves. 

So its easy for satan to mislead them.

5 tricks of satan :  

1. U are young, have some fun ! 

2. Keep enjoying, life is long, u can repent later !  

3. Dont remain cool during anger, patience is for cowards !  

4. Everybody is doing it. Dont be extremist, spice up ur life.  

5. Oh u have too many sins. Allah will not forgive u, keep doing.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ALL THAT ^

1. Being young is NOT an excuse. Have fun but know ur boundries and limits. Because life without rules and limits gets u nowhere.

2. Enjoy ur life, theres no harm in it but, remember Allah often, pray 5 times a day, give charity, fast in the month of Ramadan and if u can afford go for pilgrimage.  

Remember u dont know how much more time u have in this world, so use it up carefully and wisely.

3. Anger is a poison. It poisons peoples minds and their relationships with others. When matters can be handled calmly without causing much grief then why not go for it? Anger increases the problem, doesnt solve it.

4. Well u arent responsible for wat others do !! They go jump off a hill, its their choice, their action, for which THEY have their consequences. U are responsible for ur actions. Spice up ur life BUT in the halaal way ( the way Allah has made lawful for you )

5. Allah says,' am here, am the most merciful, the one with the love of 70 mothers. Repent and I will give u forgiveness. ' 

Dont repeat ur wrong actions, regret them, cry and be ashamed of what you did. But remember no one forgive sins in the way Allah does. Ask, beg for forgiveness and voila ur sins will be forgiven.

Satan's only mission is to ruin us. He wants to destroy our worldly life as well as after life. Satan is going to be burned in hell fire, but he doesnt want to go there alone. He wants to take us along with him.

A non-muslim man once asked an old muslim man . How will satan burn in hell when he himself is made of fire ?  

In reply the old man just threw a pot made of clay at him and asked it if hurt ? The man who was obvioulsy very angry said yes. To which the old man replied ' arent u made of clay ? How come u got hurt with a pot made of clay then ?

Satan wants to ruin us. He wants nothing but our destruction. He gets us addicted to stuff. He puts wrong ideas in our heads. He makes us fight on small stuff. And more than anything he makes us think our actions are right, and the other person deserves it but in reality thats not true.  

Be careful. Open ur eyes and see what satan is doing before its too late. 

May Allah show us all the straight path and guide us to the way of Jannah (Heaven)! Ameen!