The Pre-Islamic Era

I didnt mean to offend anyone with the contents of this chapter. But if i come off as offensive, am really sorry for that.

............................................

The Pre-Islamic Era

The age of Jaheleyah or the Pre-islamic era is one which i bet none of us would have liked to live in.

It was the age when new born girls were buried alive. No shame was seen in hitting women. Women and children were sold. And people were truely and utterly ignorant.

Almost all of us know about Adam pbuh, we all also know how this, this life on earth began. How Adam pbuh was made by God, and then life was blown into him!! How he was blessed with a companion named Eve, who was made from his rib!! And how satan had whispered in there ear and made them eat the forbidden fruit, because of which they were placed on earth!!

We are creations whom Allah loves the most out of all the other creations of His.

We humans are the most loved by Allah ta'aala because even though He has Angel who worship Him day and night, we humans take time out for His worship. Allah loves that in us. We are mere humans who make mistakes, we arent perfect but He is, and we imperfect beings are trying to perfect our faith in Him. We fear Him, we love Him. He is our Lord and we are His slaves.

Then when or how did people went out of track? How come the children of Adam went astray? Why or when did this happen?

How did Gods gift to mankind, to the people of Adam like stars, moon, sun, fire, or hand made objects of clay or man himself start being called either God or being associated with the Almighty as His son or daughter or wife? How did that ^ happen?

Well isnt the answer pretty clear? When satan could convince Adam to eat the forbidden fruit, cant he then lead Adams children away from God too?

People used to worship God alone, and look at the stars and the moon etc as Gods wondrous creations, looking at which there faith grew. But satan had to step in. He whispered to them, telling them that these THINGS, these CREATIONS, were Gods too. That these small Gods, would recommend them to the Almighty, to Allah.

More over when satan saw people grieve on loosing there loved ones, he came to them and told them to make pictures and statues of there dead loved ones, and to look at it whenever they wanted to.

The newer generations forgot the main purpose of these statues and stones and started worshiping them.

Let us walk through the story of Abraham pbuh, the most wise and one of my beloved Prophets.

Abraham ( Ibrahim) pbuh was born in Iraq were idol worship was the main religion of the people. Abrahams pbuh father was a carpenter who used to make and sell statues for worship.

Even as a little boy Abraham pbuh couldnt understand how man-made things could be Gods. He used to wonder how something which his father himself made could be God. He wondered how human sacrifices could benefit these idols and what would the idols do with the offerings given to them. He didnt quite get why his people were neglecting the One who should to be worshiped for someone whose worship is pointless or by worshiping whom they are committing the Biggest Sin of all.

So he went to clear these doubts of his with his father, but well he wasn't quite satisfied with his fathers answer so he started asking his friends and still didnt quite get it.