Chapter 5: On The Phone

(What I imagine Angie as but if you have another way you view her don't let this be the set for the story, let your imagine portray her however.)

Maggie's POV,

"Mummy when can I see daddy again?" Angie asks me as I tuck her into bed, while Justin picks a few toys that she left on the floor, and puts them in their right place, then sits on the bed behind me. I sigh.

"I don't know hunni, when he gets better," I try to sound comforting.

"So he won't be here to say goodnight?" She looks upset and looks up at me. I feel Justin's hands wrap around my waist and his lips are close to my ear.

"Why don't you phone Brad so she sleeps well?" He whispered sending shivers down my spine. I don't get why he is so understanding, but I'm so glad that he is.

"Do you want to talk to daddy over the phone?" I suddenly realise that seeing Brad today has made Angie realise who he really was to her and clearly she will be missing him now. Her eyes light up and she sits up slightly.

"Yes please!" She giggles. I smile.

"Why don't you let Justin put you to bed properly while I go and get my phone?" I suggests and they both nod while I walk to our bedroom. I had my phone on me, but I wanted to check he was sober, so he wouldn't be a dick to Angie. I shut my bedroom door and sit on the bed, searching for his name in my contacts.

Bradders

Something made me hesitate, but I know this is for Angie, maybe she will bring us back together? No... Stop that Maggie... I dial his number and wait.
One ring.
Two rings
Three rings.

"Mags are you Okaii?" He panics down the phone. Mags, only he ever called me that, it was his nickname for me and I've not let anyone else call me it.

"Erm, I'm fine, are you?" I quickly say, biting my lip.

"Yeah, oh my god I've missed your voice," he breathes down the phone and I smile, biting my lip harder to stop myself. "Not trying to sound rude, but why are you calling? Do you need my help?" He asks.

"No," I say and I hear him sigh down the phone. "I mean yes, kind of, you're sober aren't you?" I ask a stupid question.

"I'm not slurring my words, so I'm sober Mags," he chuckles nervously. "Now want to tell me what's up?"

"Yeah, Angie wanted to talk to you before bed, well she wanted to see you, but I don't think it's the right time for that, but if you wanted to she would appreciate if you would tell her goodnight?" I ask.

"Mags, of course, put her on," he says and I get up and walk to her room where Angie is explaining something to Justin.

"And Justin, then she let down her hair but it wasn't her it was her evil mum who wasn't actually her mum and then she nearly killed him Justin!" I smile because she's explaining Tangled.

"Well I'll get it and we can watch it tomorrow if you'd like?" Justin smiles at her and she nods, I clear my throat so they know my presence, and I hope Brad isn't hurt by what he heard.

"Daddy is on the phone Angie," I smile and Justin stands up, leaving a kiss on her cheek and leaves the room giving me a reassuring smile. Angie takes the phone and presses so it's on loud speaker.

"Daddy?" She says down the phone. Brad chuckles before he speaks.

"Hello darling; and why aren't you in bed sleeping Angie?" He says down the phone. Angie looks at me with a sparkle in her eyes.

"I wanted to hear you daddy, since I saw you and you don't love with us so you don't get to tell me goodnight," she tells him making me take my lip between my teeth once more. Brad sighs.

"Angie but at least you get to hear me," he tries to stay strong, but his voice wobbles a little.

"Can you sing me to sleep?" She asks and gets comfortable.

"Of course," he clears his voice and starts to sing. I miss his voice just like he said he missed mine. I closed my eyes listening to him sing a lullaby dedicated to Angie, changing the characters name to hers to make her smile. By the time he's at the end Angie is sleeping, and I'm nearly in tears. He waits for a little bit before he speaks once more. "Good night Angie, you're the only other girl I love darling," he says and I take the phone, taking it off speakers and putting it to my ear as I walk out of Angie's room the phone still by my ear. Once I silently shut her door I speak.

"That was beautiful, thanks Brad, she's asleep already," I smile even though he can't see.

"I'm glad you're letting me to do this. It means a lot, thank you, really." He almost whispers.

"It's alright, but Erm, I'm gonna go now Brad alright? Night, and thanks," I say knowing that I can't keep the conversation up. It's hard enough to for me, I still love him, I know it. But I can't deal with it right now.

"Goodnight Mags," he says and I end the call, taking a deep breath. I lock my phone and make my way to Justin's and mine room, shutting the door behind me. I make a visit to our en suite and change from my clothes to my pjs shorts and a tank top. I remove my make up and tie my hair into a high pony tail. Justin's hands make their way around my waist and he gently pulls my body into his. He kisses my shoulders and makes his way to my neck, then to my ear and already I have goose bumps on my skin. Brad used to do this too. No Maggie, not now.

"Baby shall we go bed? Or will you let your mind wonder to him?" He says and I turn around putting my arms around his neck stepping on my tip toes to meet his lips. He leans down so I can stand up and kisses me back. I pull away and rest our foreheads together.

"Nope, bed with you sounds much better," I whispers and he picks me up bridal style, making me giggle as he walks out of the ensuite, me managing to pull the string to turn off the light. He lays me on the bed and hovers over me, his necklace dangling down making me smile.

"You're so beautiful," he tells me and our lips connect once more.
++++++++++++++++
Angie is so cute help. Comment!!!