Chapter 35: Opportunities

🌸Line comment and request🌸
Maggie's POV,

I smile, waking up and cuddling into Brad once more. It was much better with him here, the bed was warmer and his body heat warmed me up. Nothing was better than waking up with the love of my life by my side. I don't want to be soppy, but after everything him and I have been through, I think he's the one.

I wonder what would happen if we didn't split up when we did. Would Angie have a sibling by now? Would we go on holidays and take Angie to Disney land? Would we still be together? No matter what would of or could of been, I'm happy about what it is now.

Nobody has been here for me like he has. Sure I've had Summer, Alex and Lizzie to go to a lot of the time, along with Aston, but they don't understand me the way he does. He knows my little habits and I know they drive him crazy.

I feel like now we are inseparable, but I don't think I'll ever be one hundred percent sure. Not because I don't trust him, but because I do. You see, a person can only get hurt a certain number of times before they start doubting everything a person close to them does.

I'm not saying I doubt Brad, I don't, I doubt myself. My decisions haven't always been the best let's be honest, I've fucked up too. Now at 26 years old I have everything I dreamed of when I was little.

My number one thing was that I wanted a baby girl. As I grew older I didn't mind what gender I'd have as long as it was happy and healthy. The fact that we have created Angie is amazing and she is someone I will always put before everyone, including myself. Ast tells me I've matured since I've had her, that's because I had to fend for myself as well as her.

My other dreams were to own a house full of people, and to have a loyal boy. Brad hasn't always been loyal, but I've started to prefer to live in the now instead of in the past. I look up to see the dad of my child still sleeping peacefully. I decide to check my emails.

Dear Miss Merrygold,
I am the editor of the magazine 'Baby'. I understand that you no longer model. But would you be interested in allowing us to work with you and your daughter for our magazine? We'd do a small interview about how everything is and take some cute photos? If you could get back to me regardless of your answer I would be delighted. You're in the right age where this career can take off once more, so please, consider this offer.
Many thanks,
June Hunter.

Wow. Never in a million years did I think that this opportunity would ever come around again. I know that Angie is an absolutely stunning child, obviously got both mine and Brad's looks. She's my treasure, my everything. I understand that this could mean that I could continue my career I once started. But what would Brad think? I remember him not liking it before because of all the attention I was getting. Eugh I don't want us to argue because of it, but I really want this. What do I do?

Alex's POV,

I wake up and open my eyes, finding myself in an unfamiliar room. My eyes widen as I realise it's Connors room. I don't want to be known as the slut.

My eyes scan down my body to find an oversize shirt and my shorts on, and a body draped over my waist. Suddenly I remember, we were watching movies and he spilled his drink on me by accident, so he offered me his shirt.

I didn't think I'd fall asleep here. Maybe I should leave so he doesn't know I stayed? I don't know what to do, so I stay still for the moment. His breath tickles the back of my neck a little, his hand has a good hold on my body.

He's a nice bloke, I don't know why him and his ex broke up though. On Twitter the fans called her so many names under the sun, but surely he wouldn't be with someone who was horrible? I just don't want to get hurt.

Con and I have been on four dates so far, he's taken me to the cinema, to the beach, for a meal and then yesterday we had a movie marathon. Harry Potter of course. I guess he doesn't like me as much as I like him, else he'd ask me out by now wouldn't he? Okaii, that sounded desperate. I do like him though.

"Alex?" He mumbles sleepily, pulling me closer to him, his body being warm, making me smile as I lean into him a little.

"Yeah..?" I whisper, not knowing if anyone else is awake, or how thin or thick the walls are.

"I like it when you stay here," he tells me, his morning voice booming through my ears.

"I'm sorry, I must of fallen asleep, I'll leave," I quickly apologise. His grip on my tightens a little but not enough to hurt me.

"No, please stay..?" He suggest and I turn around. I look up into his eyes and bite my lip. Our faces are only a few centimetres apart. I nod and he leans down slowly, and hovers his lips above mine, as if he was asking for permission. I lean up to connect them. I've missed guys before, but he was so soft and passionate, it's how I imagined my first kiss was going to be like. I guess we both get lost in the moment, since we don't seem to notice anything else going on.

This is what I've always wanted. I wanted someone who wouldn't want me for sleeping around, but who would want me for being me.

🌸Line comment and request🌸