Chapter 12: I Kissed Him

Maggie's POV,

"I just didn't think he'd do such a low thing you know? And out of all the people he chose Alex? Alex is like my best friend, along with Summer and Lizzie. How dare he? Does he think she'll get him closer to Angie? Coz I tell you now she's not staying at someone's house who forgets about her," I go on and on with a glass of red wine in my hand and Justin to my left.

"Babe, you need to stop worrying about it, a few weeks ago you'd tell me how you want him to leave you alone and move on. He's doing what you wanted him to do?" He seems confused and takes my free hand and intertwines out fingers making me relax.

"I know, but now it's weird, I think it's the person. It's out of order, my best friend can't be sleeping with my ex husband, I swear it's against the rules of being a female. Best friend ex's are off limits." I carry on. Justin shrugs and finishes his glass of wine, making me take a sip.

"Maybe they both think it's a mistake, have you spoken to either of them?" Justin takes my hair brush and turns me around, brushing through it making me relax. "I love how long your hair is," he tells me as he brushes through.

"No I haven't spoken to them, why would I want to?" I just can't drop the subject. I try to focus on Justin's actions but I just can't. Brad is there.

"It made you angry baby, you need to calm down, am I not good enough for you?" He questions and I put my glass on the table and turn around straddling him.

"You are!" I kiss his lips once. "I promise you, you're more than good enough, Angie and I love you." I tell him and take his other hand too and intertwine our fingers.

"But Angie and you also love Brad right?" He tries to stay strong but his eyes tell me hurt. I've never been able to lie to Justin, and now isn't going to be an exception. I nod disappointed in myself.

"But that's just because he's her father. Justin, you've done so much for me, I wouldn't swap my life right now for anything." I try assure him.

"So when he stayed here nothing happened?" He looks deeply into my eyes. I can't lie now either. I bite my lip and look at the wall behind him.

"I kissed him..." I whisper.

"W-what?" Justin lets go of one of my hands and turns my head gently so I'm looking back into his eyes.

"I kissed Brad while he stayed here," there are tears in my eyes and I feel blood in my mouth from biting my lip too hard. Justin looks disappointed, and I couldn't help but feel bad and guilty.

"And you felt something? Felt something more than with me?" He questions and I shake my head.

"Something was there, I'm not going to lie to you." He sighs slightly and I continue. "But it was faded, and having you here I know it was just a mistake. I blame myself, and it was only once I promise you that." I try my best to not loose him.

"I knew this would happen," he too gets tears in his eyes. I never wanted to hurt him, not in this way at all.

"Justin please don't leave me..." I let the tears fall and whisper.

"Mags I'm not going to leave you, don't cry," he misses the top of my head and wipes my tears away. "I love you so much, even if you slept with him I would of forgiven you, I just know I can't compete with your first love." He holds me close. I cuddle up to Justin needing to know what he means is true.

"Well I didn't sleep with him, I only kissed him," I tell him and he smiles.

"Well now you could kiss me?" He raises an eyebrow cheekily. I giggle and nod, leaning down to connect our lips. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I knew Justin would know and be able to forgive me. His lips on mine felt right, they were warm and I was able to feel safe and not like I was risking everything. I pull away and just cuddle into him.

"I am so sorry Justin I promise I am, you've done so much for me I wouldn't just throw it all away," I tell him while he traces patterns on my back underneath my shirt.

"I know babe, it's fine you know? I forgive you and I love you," I smile and close my eyes, letting me fall asleep.
-
"Mummy and Justin?" Angie wakes me up, I guess Justin carried me upstairs. He laid next to me shirtless and I was admiring his tattoos.

"Angie," he opens his arms for her and she climbs onto the bed and in between us but cuddling up to Justin.

"Justin Lala did a wee on the floor," she informs him.

"Ahhh I'll clean it up once I've woken up properly alright? I guess it's later than I though," his morning voice is killing me, but Brad's is sexier.

"It's half 11," I tell him and he smiles, looking at me.

"Well why don't we take Lala out and go to the cafe on the way to grab some breakfast?" He suggests and I nod.

"Can I get a ginger bread man there? You know, the one that has smarties for eyes and chocolate buttons?" She asks, she has a nice bond with Justin, I'm glad she does. I think if I was ever to leave Justin for Brad I would let Angie stay some weekends with Justin. He's been more of a dad than Brad has.

"Of course Angie," he tells her and she giggles sitting up and running out of the room. Justin pulls me into his chest, yesterday's events are still bothering me...