Chapter 11: Jealousy

(Hey, image above is my cat who we have lost to cancer on 11.01.2016 he will be missed and never forgotten, updates will be slow.)

Brad's POV,

Fuck.

That's all I have to say. I didn't love Alex, I don't even know her other than the fact that she is Angie's child minder. Fuck I screwed it up.

I didn't expect Maggie was going to bring Angie here, but even more I didn't think Alex would let me go that's far. I feel like I've just made everything worse, not only for me and Maggie but also for her. I stand at the top of the stairs and look down at her as she shuts the door.

"She knows you were here..." Alex bites her lip. I know that, I heard it all. I sigh and make my way to her room putting on my jeans and shirt. "You're going?" Alex seems annoyed as I grab my phone and wallet.

"You surprised? It wasn't supposed to happen..." I look at her and see her frown. Why can't I do anything right today? I guess she has feelings which aren't the same from my side.

"Well get out then! You're the asshole Maggie warned me about." She spits and I look to the door. She warned her about me? Maggie knew I would screw up? Or was it Justin who knew I would screw up?

I grab my coat on the way and leave Alex's house, kind of feeling bad, but mostly towards Maggie. It wasn't supposed to happen. I was just getting to be on her good side, now I'm probably not standing a chance. As soon as I get in my car I go on my phone and search her name in my contacts.

One ring.
Two rings.
Three, four, five, answer phone.

Hey sorry I can't take your call, I'm busy with the things that are important right now. If you leave a message I'll reply if I can.

I leave her a few messages, asking her to ring me back, then decide to finally pull out of Alex's driveway. In a way, I don't know why I'm trying to apologise, we're not together and she has Justin. Maybe Alex is my happiness, my new distraction?

But then I think of Angie, and then of Angie's beautiful mother. No matter what, I'll always find my way in my life to them. Even if they hate me, and when Angie sees the bad side of me too, I'll still want to protect them.

I guess I'm mostly scared that I've done it now, that I won't have the chance I've been working towards. Does she regret kissing me the other week or letting me stay?
-
"Brad! So she hasn't spoken to you since?" Hanna checks with me as I tell her the story. "And just when I thought we were going to arrange that weekend for Angie to stay at yours..." Hanna sighs. 

"It's not like I'm in a relationship with either of them..." I say quietly and Hanna looks at me.

"You have to stop holding pity over yourself and just go out there and get her to talk to you, but now I would give her time. Brad have you considered that Maggie could be jealous?" No she couldn't be.

"Why would she be? She's been trying to get me to move on and forget about her by cutting all contact so..." I try to argue.

"But now she has you back in her life, don't you think that maybe just maybe she wants you as much as you want her?" She challenges.

"Hey, says you, the one who told me not to get my hopes up!" I raise an eyebrow.

"Because I don't think this is a false hope, from the people I've worked with I can tell. She's not picking up and not answering your calls, but she tweeted ten minutes ago, so she's ignoring you." I swear she's like a double agent knowing everything and does counselling to cover up.

"What did she say?" I ask interestingly. Hanna hands me her iPad and I see the tweet.

@MaggieMerrygold: loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes...

Lyrics by Ed Sheeran. Wait is that about me? Isn't it about me? I look at everyone's replies and see them asking if Justin did something. Even though most of them are his fans, I think they like her, more than our fan base ever has. I think they know she's not a gold digger and won't use him. I go back on her profile and see she's tweeted again, this time with a picture and she's sat at some posh looking restaurant with Justin and Angie.

@MaggieMerrygold: My two favourite people. We don't need anyone else🖕🏻💕

Since when is there a middle finger emoji? That's awesome! Back to the story Brad...

I sigh and hand Hanna her iPad back and she looks at the screen then sighs too.

"You clearly had an effect on her by what she saw, her actions are trying to get back at you, show you she doesn't need you." She tells me honestly. That's something I have always appreciated about Hanna, her honesty. "Though really if she has a problem with it maybe Justin isn't the one who her heart is aching for," she smirk and looks at me, putting her iPad away.

"Well she won't even talk to me so..." I look at my hands.

"So you're going to go out and drink and sleep with people?" She asks seriously.

"No! That would ruin everything even more, I have to stay sober, for Angie." I tell her straight and she smiles.

"Brad I think a few more sessions then you won't need me at all," she smiles even more, is that a good thing?

"Well maybe, but maybe not, because I've fucked up right now so..."

"Give it time, don't invade her space too much and see what happens." She advises and I nod. Time, Maggie needs time even though we're not together so I didn't chest on her or anything. Right, time.