Chapter 21: Another Meeting

(Thought it was due to update, one exam week more then it should be regular again I promise!)

Brad's POV,

"Hello Brad, it's been a while," Hannah smiles at me yet looks quite concerned. I guess it has been at least a week maybe more since I've seen her last.

"I know, I'm so sorry I didn't come the other time, I was busy..." I trail off.

"Hopefully with good things right?" She questions and I get comfortable in the leather seat.

"Yeah, I've had Angie and Maggie over this weekend," I tell her beaming. Hannah looks concerned and confused.

"Both of them?" She bites her lip slightly. I don't understand her body language and the reaction she's giving me, surely she should be happy that everything is working out right?

"Yeah, Maggie wanted to make sure Angie was comfortable so next time she could... Stay alone," I sigh slightly, feeling more disappointed knowing Maggie won't have a reason to stay anymore.

"Right, that's reasonable I guess, did anything happen between the two lovers that everyone talks about?" Hannah tries to joke.

"Haha funny, and yeah actually..." This time it's my turn to bite my lip. I don't know if she's got to shout at me and bite my head of or be happy. Earlier body language and reactions suggest the first more than the second.

"Right... What happened?" She seems serious, and stays completely neutral with me, not letting me see her thoughts through facial expressions.

"We kissed, a few times, and on the first night she had a nightmare, so she slept with me, but nothing happened, well other than some cuddling and kissing..." I say honest with her and keep my eyes fixed on the floor.

"Brad..." She gets my attention so I look at her again, seeing concern on her face. "Since you've started to come to see me, I've seen massive improvement, especially when you got to see Angie again," she tells me. 

"I know, you've helped me a lot Hannah, I wouldn't of been able to of done this without you." I smile at her which she kind of returns.

"That's good, but," she starts and I interrupt her, which I know she hates.

"What but? You're doing your job with finding ways to get me to start feeling better!" My palms become a bit sweaty as my anxiety rises a little bit.

For some strange reason I've always cared about what Hannah thought of me. I wanted to prove it to her that I was capable of changing and loving just like I used to, minus the cheating. I don't want her to be disappointed in me, I want to make her proud and to see how much she has helped.

"It's not about my job, it's mostly you, I just show you the more positive things in life." She says professionally and stays calm.

"Then what is it? What's the but?" I curiously ask, wanting to know the answer.

"I just don't want you to make mistakes by getting your hopes up because she kisses you. No offence to you Brad or to Maggie, but she has a boyfriend, and that she needs to sort out before screwing with you." Ouch, but it's true.

"I know, I told her... Before she left I mentioned that she needed to sort it out with what she wanted. I think she was driving in tears after, and I felt bad. She tried to be strong but I know her too well." I sigh knowing I gave her an ultimatum which kind of said either Justin or I. But it's right, she can't be with both of us, no one should. Imagine that, wondering on the nights she's away me laying here wondering what she's doing with him.

"Okaii, well Maggie came to see me early hours this morning," Hannah informs me.

"Shit is she Okaii? I've really fucked up haven't I?" I instantly worry and tug on my hair. Hannah reaches for my hands and removes them from my hair and gives me a stress ball to squeeze instead.

"You haven't Brad," she slightly smiles. "She came to talk about the whole you or Justin situation actually," she keeps smiling.

"She has?" I ask and Hannah nods.

"Of course, why would I lie to you?" She has a point.

"What did she say?" I bite my lip nervously wanting to know what has been said.

"Brad you know I can't talk about other clients sessions," Eugh why so professional and boring?

"But it contains stuff about me..." I beg.

"No, but I think you and her should talk, because let me tell you something, she needs you more than she shows. But don't push her, she told me," Hannah pauses as if she was debating whether to tell me or not.

"Told you what?" I squeeze the stress ball in my hand hand in excitement though, not in anger or anxiety.

"That she wanted to have a proper family, what she meant by that I don't know, but she's putting Angie and her environment before her. Maggie needs to learn to put herself first sometimes, because Angie can adapt to new places," Hannah winks at me and stands up. I copy her actions and shake her hand happy, giving her the stress ball back.

"Thank you, I've picked out a new bedroom layout for Angie, it's getting done tomorrow so I hope she'll like it," and with that I leave the room, and stop at reception to check when my next appointment was.

What did I take out of this session? A lot actually. I've learnt that it's mostly me who can get me better, not Hannah, she's just a person who guides me in the correct path. Also, that Maggie has been considering what I've said to her, and when Hannah was talking about Angie changing environment I think she meant moving in with me. Imagine that, Maggie, Angie and I. A proper family.

🔴request for an update🔴