Chapter 53: The Talk

// line comment and request,//

Brad's POV,

"Wait so you're just going to tell her everything?" Justin questions as I text Maggie back. Tris and I were still at his house, sorting everything out and deciding to take the memory stick, but re recording the track anyway as we can tidy it up a little.

"Well yeah, if she wants to know it all. I don't want her to doubt me or feel like we are drifting away," I sigh.

"But then what's the whole point of us hiding it all when you are just going to tell her now?" Tris seems confused, and I guess I understand where he is coming from.

"I know that from the beginning I didn't want her to know but if she wants to know about my past I might as well just go and give her the envelope Rachel is threatening with. That way Justin can save himself and you guys don't have to lie for me!" Why did they not see where I was coming from?

"If you want to I guess," Justin shrugs.

"We can go then?" Tris awkwardly suggests and Justin nods, he seems disappointed, it's like he wanted us to hang out more. I make my way out of the house and to my car, Tris following close behind. We don't really say much during the journey, as I plan in my head how it goes. I park up the car and make my way into the house.

"If you need me, you know where I am," Tris says kindly and makes his way up the stairs into his room. I feel some what nervous, and hold the envelope close to me as I make my way to our room. When I walk in Mags is on her phone, smiling at something making the dimple in her cheek be more evident than usually.

"I'm back," I smile and she looks at me, taking off her glasses which she barely uses and puts them on the side, sitting on our bed and waiting. I make my way over, sitting next to her and pulling her into me for a cuddle. A small giggle leaves her mouth and I relax. "I'm sorry for not telling you I was going, I have a lot to explain to you,"

"I just don't want us to hide anything anymore, I want to try and understand." She sits away a little and take my hand, looking up at me with a small smile on her lips.

"Well, I want you to know everything of course, I'm just scared that you will judge me, and then hate me and then break up with me and take Angie away from me and-" her lips meet mine for a few seconds only.

"Stop this, Brad honestly. I love you, I just want to know what was going on, I want us both to open up to each other and just not be afraid to say how we feel and felt." She puts my hand up to her lips and kisses it. She was right, we needed this, it would make our relationship stronger. I take the envelope and show her it.

"Fine I will start, when you and I weren't together, I've done plenty of things I am not proud of. You know I was an alcoholic mess, but that's not all," I look down at my hand which she is holding. Why does it feel like I'm about to tell her something huge? "I slept...around... like a lot, like too much..." I almost whisper. She looks a bit hurt but tries to hide it. "I got tested, I'm clean by the way, I always you know, used protection... but I also got involved in drugs, which is at what part Joe arranged Hannah so I could try and get better." I finish. I don't think I need to go into much more detail.

"It's okaii Brad, you've overcome it all now, and I'm so proud of you," she kisses my cheek lightly. "I wasn't always sober either Brad, I just had people like Summer and Aston who looked after Angie. I had a week after I left you with her when I was completely wasted. I hated myself for it, because I knew you were hurt and that you were hurt because of me. Then when I got with Justin I needed a leg to stand on sort of thing, I did love him, a lot. But it was nothing to what I felt and still feel for you." She tells me. I never knew that she was like that too.

"I'm sorry," I guess I don't know what else to say other than that.

"It was more of my fault because I did make the final decision of moving," she shakes her head and looks down at the envelope. "What's that?" She questions, now here's the bad bit.

"You know when all of us boys went out? Or when Tris and I were out just now? I'm sorry baby, but we weren't at the studio or with Dean and Joe," I feel shit for lying to her, and now she looks hurt. This isn't so much as the past, this is this week.

"W..." She closes her eyes and when she opens them they're full of fear. "W-where did you go?" Does she think I went to Rachel?

"To Justins," I tell her and now she just looks at e blankly and confused. I open the envelope and let the images of me drunk, on drugs or with girls fall out. I watch her as she studies them and goes through them slowly. At spme she turns them around, and I don't blame her.

"He was bribing you?" She chokes out.

"No baby, he wasn't. Rachel was bribing him to bribe me, but he just told me how it was and we were going to plot a plan else she would show you these. But now I have nothing to worry about," I smile slightly, but Mags starts shaking and crying. "Baby? Mags no don't cry, baby." I move the pictures chucking them off the bed and on the floor and cuddling her into me.

"She will never leave us alone, I can't live like this, I can't do it." She cries, and at that moment I realised that maybe I shouldn't have shown her anything.

// 3 Chapters left I think //