Chapter 54: Let Her Go

//line comment and request//
Maggie's POV,

I sat in Brad's arms in a comfortable silence, cuddling more and more into him. It was nice to be able to fully open up to each other. I think it has helped us in one way or another.

Definitely emotionally, we really needed to know just what was going on and happening, instead of hiding all the time. That's the trouble with some relationships, they stop talking and sharing their feelings and it all collapses. And I wouldn't want that.

I know that I want to thank Justin, he could of absolutely ruined Brad if he wanted, but he decided against it. He's not a dick like the media tend to portray him, really. He is sweet and caring, people believe anything you tell them nowadays.

"Mags we should check in on Angie, she's been quiet," Brad suggests as he plays with my hair. As much as I don't want to move right now I nod my head, because Angie is still the most important thing to me. I get up and wait for Brad to do the same, then take his hand and walk over to her room and open the door, only to find it empty.

"Brad is she with James and Summer?" I ask him and he drags me across the hall and knocks.

"Erm hey," a shirtless James answers the door.

"Is Angie with you?" I quickly say. He shakes his head and we hear a glass downstairs shutter. I drag Brad to the top of the stairs to see a woman dressed all in black but her eyes, holding a sleeping Angie who has a small cut on her head. My eyes widen and I feel like my breath is has stopped. The woman just looks at me, smug in her eyes holding an unconscious Angie. The worst thing ever is to see your child unconscious, and even worse when someone is trying to kidnap her.

"Don't make a fucking move," she growls, and Brad holds me closer. In the corner of my eye I see James widen his eyes and hide around the corner again.

"Let her go!" Well fucking done Maggie. Like she's going to do that.

"Sweetie I don't think so, you both deserve nothing but each other, you disgust me." Her eyes are full of anger, and I'm scared that she'll break our little girl like glass.

"You don't really want to do this, why don't you just lay her down gently, and we won't call the police," Brad tries to reason with her, holding me back as soon as he sees that she has a gun. Right now all I want to do is scream and get my baby girl back. Angie is the best thing to happen to me, I can't loose her.

"Is rather shoot both of you," she spits. "Don't even try to reason with me," she rolls her eyes. Her voice is shaky, and something tells me that she's scared. I let my eye wonder to where James was and he's gone, probably to protect summer. Their baby isn't even born yet, and mine is, I'm so scared.

"Can you just let her go? She's unconscious what have you done to her?" I cry out, tears running down my face.

"Hit her with glass, no DNA will be left here, neither is your precious little Angie," she looks down at her lifting her hand up and aiming. "She's going to enjoy life like the one you grew up in Mags, unwanted and hurt," I know by now it's Rachel, and my body starts to shake. Brad has let go of me, and she stands there aiming for him.

"Just don't hurt the girls, you don't even want to do this," he sighs. She's about to reply when the police sirens are audible, and there's panic in her eyes. I started to run towards her, to get Angie thinking she'd just leg it. Instead I heard a gunshot sound and felt a sharp pain just by my ribs. I remember hearing Brad cry out just before I blacked out.

//don't hate me, one or two chapters left//