Chapter 14: I Won't Regret It

🔴Request for an update🔴

Maggie's POV,

I tried to stay calm, and on the outside I played it well, even Justin believed that I wasn't that bothered about what I saw, but trust me, I was, I so was! What the fuck? Why would he try to contact me and leave me messages that he's sorry and then just go back out with Alex?

I need to stop being jealous. He's happy, that's what I've always wanted. For him to move on right? No. I don't want that at all anymore, a huge part of me wants him to keep trying to get me back. Maybe I want him back too?

But I have Justin. The problem I have is I wouldn't be able to just leave Justin, after at least 5 years together, he's been there a lot. It's a constant fight that I'm having, trying to find out who is who and what to do.

1 text to: Summer😜
Hey, you busy? Angie is out with Justin and Lala and I could do with some female company, and we haven't spoken for ages! Xx

While I wait for a reply I clean the kitchen, I need to keep my mind off of everything. I was speaking to Angie earlier, and she couldn't understand why Brad was with Alex. I told her they were friends. So she questioned why she couldn't stay there last night, and I explain that they were doing some work. It hurt to talk about it, and I could tell that she didn't really believe me, but what was I supposed to tell her? 'Your daddy fucked her sweetie, that's why you couldn't stay' see? I just had to lie. She'll understand when she's younger. My phone went off and I expected it to be summer, but it wasn't.

1 text from: Bradders💔
Maggie, please hear me out. Open your door,

I sigh. Opening the door is risking everything isn't it? But yet, something in me makes the moves towards the door and open it. There stands a soaked Brad, with a bunch of red roses. He passes them to me and I accept them, opening the door further to let him in and save him from the amount of rain which is falling heavily. Once he's inside I shut the door after him and walk into the kitchen. He follows like a lost puppy, still not saying a single word.

"Tea or coffee?" I offer.

"Coffee please Mags," Mags. I sigh silently and make two cups of coffee as we sit on the chairs around the island. "Thanks," he tells me and I nod.

"Look Brad-"

"No Mags listen," he cuts me off. "I know it's hard to see me with someone else, well let me tell you it's not anything serious, it was a mistake. It made me realise that no matter what you'll always be on my mind babe I means Mags," he bites his lip. I bite mine too, I missed him, I wasn't denying it.

"I know," I smile as does he. I feel my hear rate increase and the feel to hold his hand in mine, but I know I shouldn't. I know I can't. I need to think about everyone else, the ones who I would hurt, the ones who I would upset. But then when I think about it I've hurt Brad the most. I've literally hurt him so many times I don't understand why he keeps trying. "Why do you keep trying Brad?" I ask him before even thinking about what he could reply with.

"Keep trying what? To be with you?" He asks and I nod. "Because I love you Mags, I never stopped. All those times I was a mess and was sleeping around I only wanted you. No one was you Mags, you're the only one. I really wish we didn't break up, that I didn't fuck it up for us because I really want you back. I want you and Angie, and us to be the family she tells me about. To be able to wake up next to you and be there for you when you need me," he sighs and reaches out for my hand. I let him take it, having tears in my eyes. Why is life so unfair?

"Brad," I get up and walk to him, sitting on his lap and cuddling up to him. I don't want to seem easy, but I just wanted to be close to him. I let my tears fall, not knowing what to do, because I don't want to loose anyone right now. "Brad I don't know what to do," I cry it's his chest. He plays with my hair and holds me close to him. He smells of Brad, I don't think I've ever met anyone with the same perfume as Brad's.

"Mags you don't have to do anything," he tells me and kisses he top of my head. I relax, and feel myself cuddle into him more.

"But Brad,"

"No buts Maggie, you can't force yourself to do anything. You have to do what you think is right," he tells me holding me close.

"But I don't want to hurt either of you," I tell him.

"I know, and you won't hurt me, I'll rather you be happy then think too much about something and upset yourself alright? But just remember I'll always be here for you, even if it's just as a friend,"

"You'll always be more than a friend to me Brad, you're Angie's father," I look up at him and see the most gorgeous brown orbs staring back at me. I lean up, pulling his head down, wanting to taste his lips.

"Mags, don't do something you'll regret," Brad warns me.

"I won't regret it," I tell him and connect our lips. You know how I said I felt something? I feel it again. You know how I said it wasn't as strong as it was for Justin? I lied.

🔴Comment🔴